SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I got a wallet with rounded edges and with a free space in the lower left corner (like the Studio D'artisan Design). That helped a lot in preventing pocket rips. If you stick with your wallet there's no other way than patching.

Edited by Max Power

How many different colors are available for chainstitching a hem on a union special? Curious

AFAIK the colors for a chainstitch are basically only limited by what the person who is hemming has available. Most places try to use the exact same color that was used in the first place by the manufacturer. If this isn't your bag, just find out what they've got available and go from there. If you really want something unique, I'm sure they would be open to using something you brought in yourself, as long as it's the right type of threads.

I saw a pair of selvedge denim jeans with a super white weft. It looked almost natural colored.

How do you get such a whitish/natural colored weft? Is The weft or denim made or treated differently?

The natural color of cotton tends to be an off-white or beige and then often gets bleached in preparation for textile making. It is then dyed the desired color. I don't know if they are really treated any different in terms of the dye process. It all depends on the aesthetic the maker is going for.

I put up a picture of my combs some time ago, but only from the inside. Today, I washed them using the washer, and here's a picture of the outside. They are still very damp in the photo.

RArkmlm.jpg

Anyone know what's up with this? How can I prevent this from happening in the future? Jeans probably had ~300+ days of wear before first soak. The denim was sanforized though.

Johan, it's probably due to you going at it raw of the bat. I always soak my sanforized denim aswell to get rid of the starch. By doing so the fabric softens up and should stop this from happening. Or at least make it less likely. 

But there's more to it, just like Thebottomclef says washing or soaking your jeans earlier will help preventing that from happen. Dirt weakens the fibres, and of course the longer you wait with your wash/soak the more dirt will go into the fibres and weaken them further.

Wash/soak them earlier to strengthen the fibers. Anybody have suggestions on how to get the honeycombs to set the same way after the first true wash? I failed previously but just gave my onis their first wash.

I saw this discussed here recently, I don't know which thread though.

The edges are only white with a red or coloured line because those warp threads positioned at the edges of the fabric use natural/white cotton and red/coloured cotton. You could use indigo warp threads all the way to the edge if you wanted to give you a stealth selvage or 'stealthage'!

I want to know what pair of raw denim would be the best for the price range of 250 and under. Please try to list the top 3 in this price range, specifically focusing on quality and fit. Thank you for your time :). Please let me know if this post is not allowed as i am not sure if it is or isn't. 
*SORRY FOR THE SPELLING ERROR IN THE TITLE*

Edited by WilsonMei

Long time lurker, first time questioner.

I'm looking for beater hoodies, price has to be $150 maximum and nothing too heavy or I would just get a Jelado or Iron Heart. Minimal to no branding, black, dark grey or navy preferable.

Help appreciated gents  :)

I want to try on lots of cuts from lots of brands before I drop ~$200 on some new denim and I live in central NJ. Brands I particularly like are Rogue Territory, Left Field, Railcar . . . But the more the merrier. I assume I'll have to head into NYC to try them on. Anyone know the best way to make use of my time if I'm coming in via Penn Station? Meaning I want to be able to try on a bunch of different brands, and in don't want to take a subway all the way out to he edge of the city.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic