SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I love that 710 cut but IMHO, its not roomy in thighs and not cyclist friendly...unless you are sadistic like me!!!

@btuzon: a little more info for us would go a long way to helping suggest something for you...as there is plenty of raw denim out there that would be good for cycling. For instance, what are you wearing now and what size are you?, what weight denim are you looking for?, what is important (breath-ability?, comfort?, etc)

Personally, I'll ride in any of my denim and don't care too much about comfort, but then again I am living in Seattle and the weather is super forgiving, compared to something like New England. 

Edited by Al6ert

thanks for the help guys

I havent worn denim in a while but my true waist is 34 inches

I'm looking for something with about 25 to 26 inch thighs

it just has to be comfortable enough to not restrict too much movement, my commutes are short like 1 mile

denim weight i have no preference

I remember Self Edge x Iron heart did a collab for a cyclist jean, I'm wondering if there is anything like that available now?

I don't know of anything as specifically tailored for cycling like those SEXIH03's (except maybe the levis commuter 510's but I'd never recommend those). Maybe ask Kiya if there is something 3sixteen offers. Without the thigh constraint, I'd recommend the bybeatle vol. 1 b/c of the reinforced crotch. Maybe check out the latest self edge x iron heart collab: 633 (modified 634) in size 32 or 33. Honestly though, if you're just commuting a mile then pretty much anything could work. 

Edited by Al6ert

Which website is best for hosting very high quality/large pictures?  I'm using flickr right now and copying the image tag (which you're not supposed to do) and it'd be a bummer if they took my pictures down.  Is it possible to post images from flickr to sufu the way you're supposed to? (linking back to flickr)

hey sufu,

i am in a huge jam. My samurais that ive been working on since 2009 split straight down the middle of the yolk. I love these jeans and i am in desperate need of a good tailor that can fix them. Any recomendations? I heard that self edge in san fransisco does good work. Please help

-Willxundftd

I've had repairs done at SESF, SENY, SEPDX. Great work done at all locations. I've also had less impressive work done by an upscale local menswear store in Seattle...expensive to boot. If you are live near one of the SE locations then it's a no brainer. 

Those of you buying jeans online from japan and such, how do you cope with sizing? Are the measurements shown accurate? If the measurements are close to my current favorite pair, should it likely be correct?

I really want to get a pair of ~20 oz samurai or iron heart for my next jeans. Buying anything this heavy locally is more or less impossible. However, spending 300£ + on something not fitting would be a nightmare. Especially since they're sanforized already.

Well to start with, is your current favorite a cut that resembles what you're gonna buy? If it is, then you'll be safe going by those numbers. 

If you're still concerned about the sizing not being accurate here's what you can do: 

1. Make sure you're measuring your pair in the same way as the store you're buying from does.

2. Send them an e-mail asking them to measure the exact pair you're buying. 

3. Check a few different sites for measurements.

Alright guys I'm confused. I thought that the Petit New Standard are supposed to be slimmer than the Petit Standard model but according to the measurements here: http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665 and http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=3941, it would suggest that the Petit Standard is actually slimmer. 

Can anyone shed some light on this? Cheers! 

Alright guys I'm confused. I thought that the Petit New Standard are supposed to be slimmer than the Petit Standard model but according to the measurements here: http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665 and http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=3941, it would suggest that the Petit Standard is actually slimmer. 

Can anyone shed some light on this? Cheers! 

I tried on both the PNS and PS the other day, found that the PNS looked slimmer on me. If I'm not mistaken, the PNS have a tapered leg which gives a slimmer appearance, though the measurements may suggest otherwise. also, between the PNS and PS in the same size, the PS were unbearably tight while the PNS were okay and have opened up to a comfortable fit after a couple days of wear.

PS = low rise, straight leg

PNS= mid rise, tapered leg 

I tried on both the PNS and PS the other day, found that the PNS looked slimmer on me. If I'm not mistaken, the PNS have a tapered leg which gives a slimmer appearance, though the measurements may suggest otherwise. also, between the PNS and PS in the same size, the PS were unbearably tight while the PNS were okay and have opened up to a comfortable fit after a couple days of wear.

PS = low rise, straight leg

PNS= mid rise, tapered leg 

Thank you so much for the response, kind sir! Really what I needed :)

What jeans would you recommend for non low rise, has normal size front pockets( the ones on my JB0206 are really snug), and has some room for bigger thighs?? I was thinking Tellason would be worth checking out??

Thanks

What jeans would you recommend for non low rise, has normal size front pockets( the ones on my JB0206 are really snug), and has some room for bigger thighs?? I was thinking Tellason would be worth checking out??

Thanks

I have something along those lines, been my daily drivers lately: http://www.japan-holic.com/product/265

Thanks

I can tell you not tellason, in my experience their rises are pretty low.

I've actually seen more dark pairs of natural indigo. I think it's typically more costly, the jury is still out so to speak on whether it fades slower. I think the color of the jeans and how fast the natural indigo fades is dependent on the dying method and how many times the yarns were dipped.

Really? Huh. The Momotaro, Samurai, SDA, Oni, and Sugar Cane natural indigo models are all lighter than their respective counterparts. I ask about the fabric cost because someone showed me that Gustin has supposed "plant dyed" fabric for $105, and I'm skeptical at best.

I think the ai and awa methods are typically different than just rope dyeing. For instance I have two pairs of kmw's and they're just really dark using I assume just normal rope dyeing? Again I'm not too sure about it but Iron heart also makes a very affordable triple works 17oz which is natty indigo and they're very affordable and dark. I think maybe all the ones you mentioned have artisanal dyeing methods?

Which website is best for hosting very high quality/large pictures?  I'm using flickr right now and copying the image tag (which you're not supposed to do) and it'd be a bummer if they took my pictures down.  Is it possible to post images from flickr to sufu the way you're supposed to? (linking back to flickr)

I've found Imgur to be the best/easiest file host.  I've always wondered why anyone uses anything else for posting images to the net.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic