SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

after giving my jeans their 1st wash, i noticed the crease marks on my back left leg arent matching the with original honeycomb fades. is there anyway to fix this?

wanna turn a pair of cheap jeans into shorts for the hotter days; should i do it now while they're still pretty new or wait until i get some good wear on them?

I say it doesn't matter. I did the same thing to and older pair of jawns and when I cut them into shorts I have the exact same fades going on, except for combs.

I searched and someone kind of asked he same question but it wasn't answered.

Will sleeping in my denim fuck up the fading significant;y or will it just increased it?

cant see how it hurts them

I've been wearing my Iron Heart 301s for a year. the crotch blew out pretty badly on both sides of the center seam. I had them repaired at self edge, but after wearing them for another week, they ripped again in the crotch, closer to the knee.

This is the first pair I've worn for this long.

At this point, should I just put repairs on repairs on repairs and try to go for 2 years? Is that what happens after wearing a pair of jeans for this long?

I'm looking for a pair to alternate between this pair. Anything similar to the 301s from another company? Heavy and slim is what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Post some pictures of the holes in the repair thread

I'm pretty tall, so Im usually able to get some decent stacking with even very long jeans even without a hem. I also like the look of a cuff with my boots. Do most of you decide a jean is either going to be stacked or cuff and then stick with it? Or do you switch back and forth between stacks and cuffs?

I'm pretty tall, so Im usually able to get some decent stacking with even very long jeans even without a hem. I also like the look of a cuff with my boots. Do most of you decide a jean is either going to be stacked or cuff and then stick with it? Or do you switch back and forth between stacks and cuffs?

seems like most will stick with whichever they choose, i know i do. i have a friend who goes back and forth, though. the problem is that the crease formed from the cuff will stay when you uncuff, which may make the stacks look a little funky. ultimately, it's a personal choice. and you can get stacks with cuffs; a bit tough, especially for a tall guy, but not impossible. check out the evo thread to see how it all looks http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=3526&page=2295

Quick question:

Going to pick up some current season LVC 1947s soon.

My true waist is measuring between a 32.5-34 (depending on how much running I'm doing!) I don't want these to fit too tight but would like a nice classic fit. I plan on soaking these first and washing as infrequently as possible. Is a size 36 the way to go for me?

Quick question:

Going to pick up some current season LVC 1947s soon.

My true waist is measuring between a 32.5-34 (depending on how much running I'm doing!) I don't want these to fit too tight but would like a nice classic fit. I plan on soaking these first and washing as infrequently as possible. Is a size 36 the way to go for me?

On balance, 34 is more likely to work.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2191994&postcount=7671

Thanks alot. That what I figured too, but the retailer was telling me that if I'm measiring a 34 (which is what I am now) that a 36 would be the way to go. He told me these were measuring pretty true to the tagged size.

I wearing a tagged 32 (stretched to a 34) in my Levi's STFs and a tagged 33 (stretched to a little over 33.5) in my Roy RS 1. I figure the 34 LVC 47's would stretch back out, no?

small question about vintage jeans. Nowadays most vintage brand jeans are produced in heavy weight like 15-21 oz.. Anyone know about the thickness (oz.) of real vintage jeans from 30's-60's ? I heard that most of them are just 12-13.5 oz. , Just want to know that any brand produced heavy weight jeans at that time?

small question about vintage jeans. Nowadays most vintage brand jeans are produced in heavy weight like 15-21 oz.. Anyone know about the thickness (oz.) of real vintage jeans from 30's-60's ? I heard that most of them are just 12-13.5 oz. , Just want to know that any brand produced heavy weight jeans at that time?

Back in those days, raw denim would just be 9 or 10 oz, 11 or perhaps 14 something at most after shrinkage. I don't believe heavyweight denim even existed at all before the vintage craze (and I personally find the whole idea ridiculous, but that's just an opinion... :cool: )

That's what I heard about vintage jeans also. I think so, vintage is nothing relate to heavy weight. I just want to know the real idea and real vintage style.

Back in those days, raw denim would just be 9 or 10 oz, 11 or perhaps 14 something at most after shrinkage. I don't believe heavyweight denim even existed at all before the vintage craze (and I personally find the whole idea ridiculous, but that's just an opinion... :cool: )

why presoak? i've done it, but is it only to get some shrink out?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic