SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

hello what is the darkest indigo denim on the market out of the japanese makers
^ the contest fullcounts are really dark and sda's seem to be one of the darkest out there.

SDA's are really dark and hold onto their indigo for a long time even with mulitiple washings...

I have been torn between getting a 31 or 32 in the BSPs so I borrowed a friends pair of 31s to try on. Keep in mind these have been worn for a couple months. The waist feels great, I'm just not sure if a 32 would be better everywhere else. Any opinions would be appreciated.

bsps.jpg

want to see pictures of holes in jeans patched up with leather, or other material, rather than cotton/denim

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1695906&postcount=305

^^Here's a good one by CottonDuck. I know I've seen a few others around here, but can't remember where exactly. One with the back pockets replaced entirely with leather... anybody recall those?

want to see pictures of holes in jeans patched up with leather, or other material, rather than cotton/denim

i was thinking about using the leather patch from my samurais as patching material, but my heart wouldn't let me do it, plus i need a uber-sharp needle!:oi know where to get leather samples from( get a mad cheap leather jacket from the thrift, and cut it up). miki-san(of fullcount fame) has leather patches on his jeans. sorry, no link. :o

Guys, I'd like some opinions on this fit. I'm a pretty big Asian dude, and I used to be a linebacker in high school. Unlike most of my yellow brothers, size 29 jeans just don't cut it for me. I work out a lot and got some pretty big thighs, I'm wondering if this fits too tight for me.

btw, my thighs look a lot bigger because my shirt pulls up when I take the picture. It's usually a lot lower. and no shoes in the house u know how we dooooooooooooooooooo

pic1.JPG

Alright I was pretty confused at first because they're not that tight. Then i realized that the picture captured some MASSIVE hip-flare on the outer and there's some room on the inner thighs. This is where my legs really are; imo it looks a lot better when the hip-flare isn't there. Thank god it goes away when you walk around

pic3.JPG

hey guys. i'm thinking about getting a pair of sammies. my previous raw denim experience were Flatheads 1001 size 32. sometimes i feel like i should have went with size 33 instead due to the tightness of the thigh and crotch area. so if i were to switch over to sammies, which cut is similar to FH 1001 and should i size up or down? TIA

Hendodo - you gotta repair otherwise it will grow and grow til the bottom tears off. Throw some scrap behind it and sew!

Shadykmz - you have not seen that done before. Only way would be to undo current stitching and put in your own arcs using white thread. Good luck.

civicex - fit looks great man. Shout to my husky brethren!

just moved to southern california and need a place to reinforce/repair the crotch on my eternals and to hem my samurais. has anyone here had a positive experience with a shop around here they could point me towards?

Denim Doctors / HTC, in West Hollywood. People send their jeans in the mail from all over the country because their repair jobs are so good.

hollywood trading co.

7383 Beverly Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90036-2502

(323) 964-0080

just moved to southern california and need a place to reinforce/repair the crotch on my eternals and to hem my samurais. has anyone here had a positive experience with a shop around here they could point me towards?

I know it's such a noob question, but what is the different between sanforized denim and one washed denim? thanks in advance!

Sanforization is a process of shrinking fabric after it is woven but before it is sewn. Supposed to limit shrinkage on fabric, though in my experience sanforized denim still does shrink a bit, maybe around 5%. It also tends to stretch more from its initial size.

One-wash generally means raw denim that has been washed once (i.e. the garment was sewn with raw denim and then washed after it was completely assembled). Tends to have little/no shrinkage.

And just for kicks, raw, unsanforized denim has never touched water, generally shrinks about 10% in the wash.

Summary:

Sanforized: fabric shrunk after weaving

One wash: garment shrunk after assembly

Raw unsanforized: unshrunk

Can someone please help me? I have a very hard time deciding which pair of jeans to get....Samurai S5000VX or Iron Heart 634S, both 21oz denim. As for IH 634S, I got my questions answered regarding to sizing. But for the Samurai S5000VX, I heard mixed reviews about the sizing.

According to this thread on the 1st page: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=48318. It says size down 1 for regular fit and size down 2 for slim fit......but that post was back in early 2008, so does it still applies as of right now?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic