SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i just got into riding fixed gear and i am currently working on APC NS. i am wanting some black raw denim but don't know what kind to get, but i want a pair skinny enough for me so i do not have to roll up my pant leg.

i really do not know what my waist size is right now but my NS are a 35. When i got them, it took me about 10 minutes to get the last button buttoned. They stretched out a lot and i have lost just a little weight.

any input will be helpful.

two questions:

1) What does (マークナシ) mean?

2) What's the difference between the 2000 and 2001 evisu no1 specials? THankS!

I can only answer 1) Although I don't know what it means in jeans, that would translate to "No Mark." So, I can imagine that it means something like what BiG does; they take off all branding on their jeans.

Is there any point in giving sanforized denim a presoak.

FWIW, I've always got better fades with jeans that aren't soaked; they're crisper, and the creases are better defined. You also have more of a sheen on them. But if you want them softer and more flexible, soak 'em.

You will get very little shrinking with a soak, though - although Sanforized jeans do shrink, it will take a few washes for it to become significant.

So I gave my Flathead 4001bks a warm presoak. It's been a month now, and it's stretched out more than I wanted it to. If I gave it a hot soak right now to get all the shrinkage out, would it lose too much dye/indigo?

No they won't. Mine were warm soaked, and after three months I gave them a hot soak and they still look good--the fadez just show up better now.

Boil soak them. In the sink. That's what I did.

what can i do about a totally ripped crotch (in a pair of LVC 501s)? is there hope to return these jeans to wearability? I took them to 45rpm in N.Y. but the girl there was real bummed looking at them.

Mods, sorry if this question is repetitive -- I searched and didn't find anything in the first 10 pages. I quite like the way my jeans fit and look, and would like to wear them.

what can i do about a totally ripped crotch (in a pair of LVC 501s)? is there hope to return these jeans to wearability? I took them to 45rpm in N.Y. but the girl there was real bummed looking at them.

Mods, sorry if this question is repetitive -- I searched and didn't find anything in the first 10 pages. I quite like the way my jeans fit and look, and would like to wear them.

Check out the "Denim Repair" thread and post some pictures.

nudie Average joe and slim jim sizing

I tried on some slim jim dry japans the other day. I could get on the 33x32. They were tight, but fit. The 32 waist I could barely pull up.

I'm looking at getting the average joe's. Are they a little bit bigger up top then the slim jim? Wondering if I'd need a 33 or 32 w in the average joe.

I have a brand new pair of RRL Straights. Will wearing them in the rain affect them?

Will the indigo bleed a lot?

These have not been pre-soaked or anything. Straight off the rack. Worn one day so far.

I believe RRL are sanforized ? So no soak needed..

Rain doesn't matter - just wear them..I'v been caugt in the rain 4 times last week - and got stuck in a snowstorm the other 3 days - all I do is take the jeans off and hang them up to dry over night....

I believe RRL are sanforized ? So no soak needed..

Rain doesn't matter - just wear them..I'v been caugt in the rain 4 times last week - and got stuck in a snowstorm the other 3 days - all I do is take the jeans off and hang them up to dry over night....

Did the rain make them bleed a lot?

I'm just worried about them bleeding all over furniture, etc. after I get in from a rainy day....

Did the rain make them bleed a lot?

I'm just worried about them bleeding all over furniture, etc. after I get in from a rainy day....

from what i have seen of RRL, they hold their color pretty well so i wouldn't worry too much. although i wouldn't roll around in a puddle and then slowly and rhythmically hump your new white sofa, well I might, but I don't suggest that you do so.

Here's my criteria:

pure indigo (doesn't have to be natural... too expensive)

raw preferable, but I guess I can try one-wash

selvedge

button fly

special pocket bags

lined back pockets

copper rivets and hidden

Zimbabwe cotton (definitely preferable)

slim-- 12" thigh, 8-9" leg opening (must be slim, but not skin-tight)

Everything I found about this jean is perfect:

http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=ja&tl=en

However I want a slimmer fit!

Any recommendations?

Thank you so much for your help!

ok, originally started a new thread for this, but realized this should go here instead. i want to get a pair of nudie regular ralf dry greycast jeans for my husband. he's 5'10"-11"ish and definitely slim (though not super skinny). i know that nudies tend to stretch. that said, the tighter they start the more they will stretch, so i assume if he starts out a touch bigger they might just stay the right size? he owns pants/jeans in sizes 31 and 32 - i just measured a pair of steven alan jeans sz. 32 and they were actually 34.5" across (measured the BiG way). his totally busted pdc (2-ltd-49) sz. 31 jeans are also 34" across (though i assume they've stretched a lot since he got them years ago) and definitely have a quite relaxed fit (same was true of a sz 32 earnest sewn). i want to get him something he'll actually wear, and i don't think he'll have any interest in starting out with ball-busting jeans, if that makes sense. should i go with a 32x34?

Got my first pair of Nudie's toay. I orederd the Average Joe Dry Heavy from Cultizm. I got a 33/32. I had a few questions:

1. Are these supposed to be worn up higher on the waist than the Slim Jim? I ask becasue my normal inseam is a 30, but that is on jeans that are worn a little lower. The 32 inseam on these fits more like a 30 would. I figure they as they wear in, that will change.

2. I have a little bit of room in the waist. I can put both thumbs down in the waist line. Should I have gone with a 32 to account for stretching?

Really. It's just my thumbs stuck down into the top of the waist. I didn't know if the Average Joe's were supposed to be worn too tight. What do you think about the inseam? I don't want any stacking, but I don't want them to be too short after I end up washing. Think I should have gone with a 34? I'm only 5'8

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic