SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I wear a sz 31 in new standards that have stretched to a sz 34 waist. what would be the best sz i should get for a pair of raw JR cali's? 32,33? i will be ordering these online since i cant find any stores here in LA that sell JR, so trying it on before hand is not an option.

thanks in advance.

Hey there, I have some Dior's that just basically 'popped' seems at the crotch from biking and was wondering if that sort of thing is easily repairable by a tailor? There isn't a hole or anything, basically the inside piece of fabric that holds the buttons split and separated from the outside part a bit, causing separation and a small gap.I haven't worn them for more than a few months and they are basically brand new. If this is something that a tailor can fix and reinforce, then no worries I guess but has anybody ever had this problem as well? Thanks!

I'm looking for some high quality slubby jeans. I just got a pair of Sugar Cane 47s in the mail that I'm about to send back because the fit just doesn't suit me well. They're too big in the seat and they give me little hip flares.

I'm in the market for something straight cut like the 47's, just a little slimmer. I really like the slubby-type denim that Sugar Cane uses so I'd like them to be comparable to that.

Any help is appreciated.

Hey there, I have some Dior's that just basically 'popped' seems at the crotch from biking and was wondering if that sort of thing is easily repairable by a tailor? There isn't a hole or anything, basically the inside piece of fabric that holds the buttons split and separated from the outside part a bit, causing separation and a small gap.I haven't worn them for more than a few months and they are basically brand new. If this is something that a tailor can fix and reinforce, then no worries I guess but has anybody ever had this problem as well? Thanks!

This is something that you could probably do yourself. Get some thread and go at it. But if you must, I'm sure it's a fix that shouldn't cost any more than $6 at a local tailor to sew up.

I'm looking for some high quality slubby jeans. I just got a pair of Sugar Cane 47s in the mail that I'm about to send back because the fit just doesn't suit me well. They're too big in the seat and they give me little hip flares.

I'm in the market for something straight cut like the 47's, just a little slimmer. I really like the slubby-type denim that Sugar Cane uses so I'd like them to be comparable to that.

Any help is appreciated.

Get a pair of the new SugarCane x SelfEdge collab. They're damn slubby and are more of the slimmer '66 silhouette.

I wear a sz 31 in new standards that have stretched to a sz 34 waist. what would be the best sz i should get for a pair of raw JR cali's? 32,33? i will be ordering these online since i cant find any stores here in LA that sell JR, so trying it on before hand is not an option.

thanks in advance.

You need a size 33.

Any help is appreciated.

SC47s aren't that slubby. But if you DO want something really slubby but a bit slimmer than the 47s, I would check out the Oni Blue and Samurai 500. Both have very slubby denim with a slimmer cut.

are skull jeans the slimmest jean company for japanese denim?

I like somets alot but the thigh measurements are too big.

John Bull makes some very skinny cuts with excellent denim. I don't recall if they all have selvedge outseams, but the denim is the same as their other jeans I believe.

anyone got recomendations for a jean that's good for cycling?

i know the SelfEdgexIronHeart are cycling specific, but they are out of my size.

any suggestions. as i ride approxamatly 10 miles a day.

I really like the fit of the s5000 straight-leg silhouette when I'm riding...I just like it in general. You're just going towant to wash your jeans weekly (probably) to prevent blowouts, no matter the fit you choose.

Any help is appreciated.

Oni Blue might work for you.

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some new denim and need some help. I'm used to April77 joeys right now (sz 28) and would like something a little less tight, I've also got some Dior MIJ sz 26 and I would like something between the Joey and the Dior cut....

I'm interested in Flat Head mostly, so any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm wondering if someone could recommend me some new denim. Ive had new standards which were a lil too slim but faded incredibly. Then I picked up raw e/s fultons and its time for a new pair. I like the fit of the fultons and I want something similar to it but with higher quality denim. I wore a 28 in the n/s and a 30 in the fultons. Anyone know what fits like these fultons?

edit: Would the PBJ xx-005 be pretty close?

I really like the fit of the s5000 straight-leg silhouette when I'm riding...I just like it in general. You're just going towant to wash your jeans weekly (probably) to prevent blowouts, no matter the fit you choose.

another noob question,

can someone explain what causes crotch blow outs?

Hi, am thinking of getting a pair of MII blacks as well : http://diabro.net/product_info.php/c...ducts_id/13987. Just a couple of questions regarding sizing though. I started out with apc NS raws in 29, what would be a good size for the MII 19cm blue/black? Some people say size up one more for dior. Aiming to achieve a slim and fitting but not skinny look.

What about 21cm? I am puzzled what size to get for the 21cm as well. Thanks for the help!

Can anyone help me out by explaining (or directing me toward an explanation of) the difference between this type of selvage edge:

different denim mills use different colored thread to finish the selvage. two different colored selvage produced by the same mill are used to designate different denim. to answer your question literally, the difference is the color of the thread used to finish the selvage, which is completely arbitrary unless you know the labeling system of the mill.

different denim mills use different colored thread to finish the selvage. two different colored selvage produced by the same mill are used to designate different denim. to answer your question literally, the difference is the color of the thread used to finish the selvage, which is completely arbitrary unless you know the labeling system of the mill.

That's not really the case with these two. The top one (SC 1947) is finished with a pink thread - that I get. But the other (W+H) isn't finished in the same way. There is no finishing thread per se and the twill changes direction through the white and black stripe.

im going to guess its caused by the thighs rubbing together and against the crotch area. my thighs dont touch when walking/longboarding and ive never had a problem with crotch blowouts

You're right, and to add to that, infrequent washing of the denim also makes crotch blow-outs more likely due to dirt build-up which breaks down the cotton fibers and also washing makes the denim softer and less abrasive against itself.

That's not really the case with these two. The top one (SC 1947) is finished with a pink thread - that I get. But the other (W+H) isn't finished in the same way. There is no finishing thread per se and the twill changes direction through the white and black stripe.

It's just stylistic. The principle is the same. Changing the direction of the twill isn't difficult, just look at broken twill or hickory twill. I think w+h is just going for something a little unique.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic