SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

do you have pics? the inseam on my nudies didn't shrink too much. how much slack do you have at the bottom? and my nudies probably stretched 1-2 inches, so maybe a 31 would have been better. do they still sit right at your waist, though?

I'll try to get pictures later. When I tried them on, they were right on my wasit. I guess they are supposed to sit there though with the rise.

Here's my criteria:

pure indigo (doesn't have to be natural... too expensive)

raw preferable, but I guess I can try one-wash

selvedge

button fly

special pocket bags

lined back pockets

copper rivets and hidden

Zimbabwe cotton (definitely preferable)

slim-- 12" thigh, 8-9" leg opening (must be slim, but not skin-tight)

Everything I found about this jean is perfect:

http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=ja&tl=en

However I want a slimmer fit!

Any recommendations?

Thank you so much for your help!

Kicking mules. One of their slimmer cuts

i bought a hot soaked pair of samurai s0500xx size 31 lot 10 off the market and the hem is still at 8.25" (original measurement pre-soak). not sure why the hem or calf area didn't shrink at all, but should i just soak from the knee down? will that mess anything up?

also, i'm only used to doing 45min soaks, so should i go a lot longer for these.... say 2 hours or more? not sure if i want to tumble dry them yet, but i guess the denim has already lost it's "cardboard"ness

i bought a hot soaked pair of samurai s0500xx size 31 lot 10 off the market and the hem is still at 8.25" (original measurement pre-soak). not sure why the hem or calf area didn't shrink at all, but should i just soak from the knee down? will that mess anything up?

also, i'm only used to doing 45min soaks, so should i go a lot longer for these.... say 2 hours or more? not sure if i want to tumble dry them yet, but i guess the denim has already lost it's "cardboard"ness

hot wash them bitches. agitate the texas cotton

Soaking is recommended , in order to get all shrinkage out of the way before you start wearing.

So in the end it won't matter if you decide to do the soaking yourself (some people like to do it themselves for the "making your own" ritual part) or if you go with a pair that Sugarcane soaked for you.

Difference will be that SC "boils" the shit out of their jeans to get every little bit of shrinkage out of the way, while you'd probably be a little careful yourself. This will result in your jeans ending up with more starch still left in them, thus making them stiffer and this will in a way affect the fading a little.

I wouldn't worry about fading too much though.

Decide on which ones to go for depending on if you want to go for the "ritual" of soaking or the security of already shrunken jeans.

i know this has been posted somewhere on here, but the search isnt really working for me right now:

i have a pair of FH310 and want to take the arcs out. has anyone done that? the stitching is pretty thick and i dont want to damage the denim.

do i need a seam ripper? or can i do it carefully with small, sharp scissors?

i know this has been posted somewhere on here, but the search isnt really working for me right now:

i have a pair of FH310 and want to take the arcs out. has anyone done that? the stitching is pretty thick and i dont want to damage the denim.

do i need a seam ripper? or can i do it carefully with small, sharp scissors?

Definitely use a seam ripper... i used scissors before on some levis 501 xx just for fun. DID NOT work out. seam rippers are cheap and you can find them at like walgreens and other stores like that.

hopfully this helped.

I've been given advice (to get maximum initial shrinkage) as to hot soak inside out for 30 minutes and then throw them in the dryer for 30. Does this sound right? I don't want the jeans to be all soft and wrinkly.

To get max shrinkage, do the hottest wash on your machine, no spin or the hottest soak you can for 45~60 minutes > machine dry. If you want them a bit stiffer, let them air dry.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic