SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

a question that's probably been answered multiple times but i need a quick yes or no answer.

one wash jeans don't need a soak right? i can just put them on and/or hem them without worry of significant shrinkage?

You can just wear them...but I still like to wash them before I wear them just in case. Sometimes there's a bit of shrinkage left in them.

Im' a little confused and this question has probably been asked before but if you buy Studio D'Artisan's from Japan do you still get the old patch,arcs and tab?

cause on their page they showed them without

I have a pair of Dukes in size 32 that are just too tight in the thighs/butt. Everything else is fine, but I'm afraid that after a wash they will just be too small for me. I have a pair of Skull's in 33 that fit me about perfectly. If I can sell the Dukes, what are some other jeans with comparable fits to the Skulls?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a pair of Levi's Matchstick Rigid.

On this website they appear to have a 'sheen' to them:

https://www.villainssf.com/detail.aspx?deptCode=M&classcode=E&subclasscode=&stylecode=1ac91740-1cb8-45fe-b7eb-3e4903dd7238&colorcode=7261&new=pixel.gif&onSale=False&hot=pixel.gif

While on this one, they do not:

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=306144

What gives? Is it the lighting? Anyone have any experience with this particular wash?

Thank you!

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a pair of Levi's Matchstick Rigid.

On this website they appear to have a 'sheen' to them:

https://www.villainssf.com/detail.aspx?deptCode=M&classcode=E&subclasscode=&stylecode=1ac91740-1cb8-45fe-b7eb-3e4903dd7238&colorcode=7261&new=pixel.gif&onSale=False&hot=pixel.gif

While on this one, they do not:

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=306144

What gives? Is it the lighting? Anyone have any experience with this particular wash?

Thank you!

the one with the sheen is a better photograph of the denim.

been trying to break in a pair of jins for a while. the rise is too short and its starting really bother me to the point where i dont want to wear them. i think ive stretched the waist as much as i can.

any way to stretch the rise?

any way to stretch the rise?

You can try and hand stretch them. (8) But tbh, it's not worth it. Look for a new pair of denim if you're dissatisfied with what you have. If you try and hand stretch, I'm pretty sure it'll end up being stretched to some weird, ununiform proportions.

Just got done my first hot soak ever.....Flat head SE05BSP...question

They are upstairs drying right now. When I got them they fit comfortably in the waist. They were snug, not super tight. They could have shrunk a little throughout the legs and definitely in the butt. I soaked them in the hot water for about 20 mintues. Tried them on after and could barely get the top button buttoned. They shrunk just right in all the right places.

Just had a few questions:

I soaked them inside out. Does it matter how you dry them?

I am definitely going to need them hemmed. Will they shrink much more in the inseam if I soak them again or after washing? I don't want to get them hemmed to the perfect length and then have them shrink after I wash them. Didn't know if I should compensate for that.

Will they shrink much more in other places if I soak them again?

Just got done my first hot soak ever.....Flat head SE05BSP...question

I soaked them inside out. Does it matter how you dry them?

Will they shrink much more in the inseam if I soak them again or after washing?

Will they shrink much more in other places if I soak them again?

Let them air dry...though the dryer isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, it is pretty hard on the jeans in a way that isn't natural and doesn't enhance them at all so I avoid it. If you do put them in the dryer on the hottest setting, you will have shrunken them to the smallest/shortest they will ever be.

If you are really worried about getting your inseam to be the perfect length, you should probably give them a three hour long soak in super hot water, adding boiling water from time to time. That should get any possible shrinkage taken care of.

Good luck and have fun...in a few months, you are going to start to see the beginning of some beautiful wear.

Okay so, I'm going to buy Flathead SE05BSP soon. The inseam is 41 and I'm 5'5.

Should I get them hemmed ? If so, how many inches/cm ? Just asking for opinions.

8 to 10 inches unless you are trying to have your stack fades intersect with your combs. If you don't hem them, they will look really funny, in a way that would be entertaining for me, but not so much for you.

Is there any effective way to avoid pocket bag fade?

Cut your pocket bags out.

If you are wearing jeans that are tight enough to have pocket bag fade, you probably aren't getting a whole lot out of your front pockets anyways. Plus, with those pesky pocket bags out of the way, standing around with your hands in your pockets will be a much more enjoyable experience.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic