SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

ok, newb question here, my friend got me a pair of HUF denim and i was wondering what should i do to prevent the bleeding ?

you can wash them to get rid of any excess indigo or you can tape the inside hems if you are afraid that they will bleed on your kicks. ive never had HUF denim so i dont know how much they bleed

Can someone recommend me some raw denim jeans? I'm liking for something that will fade nicely. So far my only experience with dry denim is Academi and Levi 501 STFs. I'm looking for something with at least a 36" inseam that I can get with a 30" waist. I wear size 32 Academi's but my waist has shrunk recently, they don't fit well at all. I'm drawn to Skulls at the moment, but I mostly just want some nice dark denim that will fade well. Thank you.

hi,

i know this might be a difficult question to answer but maybe somebody can help me out...

I am looking for a pair of selvedge denim with a loose but slightly tapered fit! I need a boxy seat and rather big thighs but stil like a narrow leg opening!

Much like a Levis 1955 501 just tapered....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

cbass

the sugarcane 66 cut might fit the bill- it has a slight taper, but i certainly wouldn't call it a narrow leg opening. sized up samurai 710 might also work.

Can someone recommend me some raw denim jeans? I'm liking for something that will fade nicely. So far my only experience with dry denim is Academi and Levi 501 STFs. I'm looking for something with at least a 36" inseam that I can get with a 30" waist. I wear size 32 Academi's but my waist has shrunk recently, they don't fit well at all. I'm drawn to Skulls at the moment, but I mostly just want some nice dark denim that will fade well. Thank you.

Dior's will work well for you, and as much as this forum hates them, I'm pretty sure Nudie has 36" inseam jeans, but you'll have to order them in. Also look into Naked & Famous, they're from Vancouver too.

Imperial dukes have a 38 inch inseam

Quick question. I'm looking into buying a vintage repro Lee or Levis western shirt. Its super dark indigo, which isn't exactly the look I'm looking for, and unlike jeans, I'm not going to wear that 24/7. Even if I did it would take half a year for it to look any decent.

Is there any way I can get the color lighter? Any methods?

I know I can wash, soak, etc., but does putting it in the sun work as well? Thanks.

Quick question. I'm looking into buying a vintage repro Lee or Levis western shirt. Its super dark indigo, which isn't exactly the look I'm looking for, and unlike jeans, I'm not going to wear that 24/7. Even if I did it would take half a year for it to look any decent.

Is there any way I can get the color lighter? Any methods?

I know I can wash, soak, etc., but does putting it in the sun work as well? Thanks.

i doubt the sun would work but hey, give it a shot. what about just plain washing it?

Didn't wear my Black 19cm's all summer and they sat in an old closet at a house I was living at. I had only washed them once in a 9 month period. Now, over a year after buying them, I have dry cleaned them yet they still smell like ass. I don't have a washer/dryer where I am living, so should I just let them soak in the tub? Will that effectively remove the stench, or should I get them dry cleaned again with a bit of starch added?

Didn't wear my Black 19cm's all summer and they sat in an old closet at a house I was living at. I had only washed them once in a 9 month period. Now, over a year after buying them, I have dry cleaned them yet they still smell like ass. I don't have a washer/dryer where I am living, so should I just let them soak in the tub? Will that effectively remove the stench, or should I get them dry cleaned again with a bit of starch added?

I would hand wash them, or head to a laundromat. Stinky=bad. You could also Febreeze the shit out of them, but washing would work best.

How does the Flathead 3xxx denim compare to eternal 811 denim. I am totally in love with the 811 denim and I always considered getting some flatheads at some point, and then I read somewhere that flathead 3xxx denim is very similar to 811's. is there any truth to that?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic