SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I am just curious:

When you purchase more than one thing on ebay to recieve a shipping discount, how do I buy more than one item at once from the same seller, so they know I am eligible for the discount?

thanks

I just email the buyer and let him know. Works out fine everytime.

you could........ wear notwhite shoes.. lol or just take it and get stained blue shoes. looks cool in some instances .. :)

I lost my wallet this past week (with $223 in it, arggh!) and now I'm wondering what I should do about the wallet fade, which is very visible on the inner edge. Should I try to find a similar wallet or just go with whatever and let the separate fade be a reminder to be more careful?

elosaur, I agree, just don't wear white shoes for a while. The jeans will stop bleeding after a few weeks, after which you can go back to wearing white shoes. I also agree, blue-stained shoes can look cool, but only with beat up sneakers, not meticulously well kept ones.

Q1) The jean brand I usually wear is Levi's and they make inseams at 30(which is still a little too long). I recently bought a pair of Nudie Thin Finn(32) and I am not use to the longer inseam. It bunches up and doesn't stack properly because it's like the inseam has nowhere to go but make it inwards and outwards(hard to explain?).

EX:

hatethispl4.png

Notice at the bottom that the jeans get crazy(inwards and outwards). Is it only a problem with new jeans? Or should I get them hemmed to fit me?

Q2) Has anyone ever gotten their jeans tapered at a tailor before? How does that work? :confused:

that sounds like normal stacking to me??? Give it a little time and the denim should fig itself out. I usually just get my jeans hemmed wherever I buy them from, which is normally BiG. they do a wonderful chain stitch job

that sounds like normal stacking to me??? Give it a little time and the denim should fig itself out. I usually just get my jeans hemmed wherever I buy them from, which is normally BiG. they do a wonderful chain stitch job

It's kind of like...the jeans are supposed to be skinny, but the bottom part of the jeans clutters up.

in general, does left hand twill mean less stretching, more stretching, or no difference from right hand twill (i.e. it depends more on the tightness of the weave than whether it's rht or lht)?

I think it all depends on the denim, not so much the direction of the weave. My Samurai Jin's (LHT) didn't stretch nearly as much as my Samurai 5000's (RHT), but for some reason the inseam shrank a lot more. I think it's all model-specific.

I'm looking for these jeans:

http://flickr.com/photos/23307552@N04/2585048390/sizes/o/

http://flickr.com/photos/leifonmars/2594929753/sizes/l/in/photostream/

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080515/293.winehouse.doherty.051508.jpg

http://lolebrity.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/winehouse-doherty-prom-from-hell.jpg

Unfortunately I don't know much about clothes, let alone jeans. The jeans I tried on either didn't fit any like the ones in the pictures or they had an awful washing. I tried Acne, Nudie and Diesel but none of them got close to the above.

I am looking forward to your responses.

Got a couple quick questions.

What does soaking do to your denim? does it make the color lighter? and how do you do it?

Last time i tried washing my raw levi's, i threw them in the washer and they shrunk from my size to my moms size. Will this happen with soaking?

thanks

still need these answered

ahhh

whats up guys, i was just looking around today and found a pair of evisu no. 2 jeans for sale for 1450 HKD (approx 180 us)...but before buying i would like to know about how these jeans behave once worn. I cant really find any info in english on after care of these jeans, so I was wondering, if i normaly wear a 32 waist...i tried them on in 32 and they were ever so slightly loose, will they shrink after soaking? or should i size down?

Thanks

whats up guys, i was just looking around today and found a pair of evisu no. 2 jeans for sale for 1450 HKD (approx 180 us)...but before buying i would like to know about how these jeans behave once worn. I cant really find any info in english on after care of these jeans, so I was wondering, if i normaly wear a 32 waist...i tried them on in 32 and they were ever so slightly loose, will they shrink after soaking? or should i size down?

Thanks

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=2407

Lots of info in there.

Pete doherty? If so they could be black raw 19cm mij dior's. That's what they look most similar to, at least.

ah, thanks a lot! on two of the pictures the jeans he's wearing seem to be blue and have a zip. that rules dior out, doesn't it? at least i couldn't find anything similar in their online store. but i will check out the black raw 19cm mij. any other ideas?

Guest No Handclaps Please

any websites other than context offer first time discounts on RRDS? they don't have my size right now..and if i can find a place selling for less than $275 that would be great..

cultizm actually has them for $204 shipped..wondering if that's the best im gonna find?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic