SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

can anyone tell me exactly how to do a crotch patch inside the jeans to prevent an rip i see forming? i know there has to be a thread on this, but when i tried to look apparently the words i used are too common.

You, sir, are lucky enough to have arrived at a strange land, where no less than

70 pages are devoted to the art of repairing denim. A good number of these will be crotch repairs (use the 'search this thread' tab to find them) . Enjoy!

didn't wanna clutter up the contest thread, but if i'm a 34 in apc nc, what should i get in eternal 811s?

/admittance of laziness

I wear 29 for APC NCs, and i'm gettign 32 for eternals..

you probably need a 36 o 38.... (ideally 37, but they dont do that size)

when tapering in a pair of jeans, is it possible to retain the inseam stitch and also the hem chainstitch?

If so can anyone kindly describe the process... thanks =)

AFAIK, no. You make the hem after you've sewn the leg seams. you can probably bodge it, but it will be a compromise.

how about going about it the other way, tapering in from the selvedge side, possible to do so without destroying the selvedge?

Yes, you can keep the selvage; but you can't make a neat join on the inside seam without unrolling and restitching the hem. A skilled worker might be capable of a bodge, and part unroll the hem, enough for it to pass muster.

Yes, you can keep the selvage; but you can't make a neat join on the inside seam without unrolling and restitching the hem. A skilled worker might be capable of a bodge, and part unroll the hem, enough for it to pass muster.

thanks for the reply paul =)

could any kind souls advise a method/technique to go about tapering a pair of selvedge jeans (other than of course selling it and getting another pair of jeans...)

are there any good denim shops in shanghai? wanna try hitting up some places before take5 in taipei.

I remember there is this place in shanghai that has evisu, and there is place in beijing that has good range of japanese items. sorry i donno their names because my chinese is too shit

from what i recall the prices were just ridiculous.. 2 pairs of Jenim in china can get you a ticket to japan with return.. I donno about prices in taipei tho...

admin- last page of ROY denim fails to open ..

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/supertalk/includes/functions.php(5129) : eval()'d code on line 67

yeah I've been getting that for like 24 hours. I kept seeing that new people had posted last though, so I assumed it was my problem.

yeah I've been getting that for like 24 hours. I kept seeing that new people had posted last though, so I assumed it was my problem.

Same here.

admin- last page of ROY denim fails to open ..

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/supertalk/includes/functions.php(5129) : eval()'d code on line 67

Any word on this. I am unable to view my favorite thread. What to do?

thanks for the reply paul =)

could any kind souls advise a method/technique to go about tapering a pair of selvedge jeans (other than of course selling it and getting another pair of jeans...)

put the jeans on inside out. pin them to the proper taper. take them off. sew along the pin line. use a seam ripper to take the old seam out. close the hem up. wear.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic