SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

This question is in regard to the first machine wash in an odd situation.

I've been wearing these Thin Finn's religiously for almost 15 months. The crotch had blown out in a major way around 4 months ago, which was a combination of nelglect on my part, riding a bicycle daily, and wrestling with some pretty playful hound dogs. I had them patched at a place that was recommended, and the job was done with poor quality. It was only 6 dollars, but you get what you pay for. Anyway, the patch itself has blown out--again, in a major way.

My question (finally): Should I have the jeans patched before my first wash, or should I wash them first? I am worried that if I have them patched, the jeans will shrink disproportionately to the patch and result in a funky fit more funky than before. On the other hand, if I do not have them patched, will the machine wash progress the already large hole? I am worried as to how it will affect that area.

Some pictures of the hole follow. Again, about 15 months. No machine washes, no formal soaks. Just rain and being homeless, traveling, hopping trains, camping, etc.

BEHOLD THE GAPING MAW

one

two

three

Just rock the hole dude, its summer time. you need to get some airflow down there..

what is the "up north" brand? sorry, im new to this forum.

Someone found an obscure japanese brand that looked good, but the inseam was to short so no one bothered.

Scavenge through the "uknown japanese brands" thread and if you like it, get Hide (sharpservice japan) to proxy it to you.

Glad that there are some new guys in here that actually know how to use the "small questions thread"

+rep

settle an innocuous bet:

a person's true waist, does it fall above or below the belly button?

holla.

I'd say between your bb and your hipbones....so below. I guess that could differ on different people though.

Anyone know where can I cop a pair of skull 5010 grey sz 33-34?

Thanks

Proxy.

What's the retail price for a pair of uniqlo selvedge skinny black jeans?

Like $40 or something...there are a bunch of Uniqlo threads if you do a search.

Ive been wearing some nudie slim jim dry blacks for...11 months

they look brand new

whats up with that...? i know black fades slower but.. theres NO fading.

Time for better jeans.

But seriously are they real?

Yup, totally legit. I believe the 06-07 LVC version is cut pretty slim with a slightly lower rise than the originals, bear that in mind before you buy; fabric is Sanforized, from Kaihara, and looks terrific. THey are great jeans - maybe post further questions in the LVC thread.

Yup, totally legit. I believe the 06-07 LVC version is cut pretty slim with a slightly lower rise than the originals, bear that in mind before you buy; fabric is Sanforized, from Kaihara, and looks terrific. THey are great jeans - maybe post further questions in the LVC thread.

Thanks Paul, thats good news, sorry im not a big poster here so don't know the appropriate threads for things.

I've worn my Flat Head F310s for about 4 months straight now, but I dislike how big the leg opening is, and would prefer it slightly tapered/slimmer. When I wear the F310s with flat shoes, the hems get massively torn up.

I'm thinking of getting them hemmed up past the chewing and taken in a bit (they're currently 8" flat, I'd like about 7.5")

Anyone done this to a pair of raws they've worn? Anything in specific I should tell the tailor to minimize fucking up the fades?

Got a pair of levis 501 stf's. I'm planning on doing a hot soak for 3 hours in the tub. I've never done this before, and the encyclopedia was rather vague on shrinking.

Should I fill the tub with the hottest water out, and let it soak for three hours?

or

Should I fill the tub once each hour with hot water to keep the temperature up?

Maybe I haven't been looking in the right place, but could anyone point me in the right direction for a thread with guidelines to selling jeans on here?

I have a couple of pairs that I'm thinking of selling, but want to make sure that I'm listing them correctly.

Thanks guys!

:)

1) Post it in the supermarket subforum

2) Post a firm asking price.

3) Post tagged size.

4) Post pictures.

5) Post measurements.

6) Post item condition (such as number of wears and washes, as well as any flaws).

That should be pretty much all you need.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic