Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Thanks all.

It was a birth defect in the heart which didn't do much up until earlier this year where my cardio doc basically said you have to get this surgery done or else you're done for within the next couple of years. I needed to get SELA open first just in case anything went wrong, SELA opened and i went straight to the hospital the week after.

Didn't really mention any of this online as not to jinx it, i'm gonna live but recovery is ugly and now i can work double speed.

Heal quick, thats a heavy surgery - seeing as how your posting online it looks like you're well on your way.

he's online from his new electronic heart

godspeed kiya! (shoulda had denim bandages)

Thanks all.

It was a birth defect in the heart which didn't do much up until earlier this year where my cardio doc basically said you have to get this surgery done or else you're done for within the next couple of years.

Crazy. I was the same way. Birth defects that weren't really much of a problem till I went into cardiac arrest during SoCal's fire season. My heart is still fucked and I'm looking for a new one, but it's good to hear that surgery saved you!

Rest easy. Hope you get well soon.

Kiya, oh wonderful Kiya. I know you will pull though and have an entire bag full of special treats to celebrate this thing called life in the form of special run items. Hope you are good and i hope you havent stressed out Demetira (god i hope i spelled her name correctly) too much. Relax and hope to see ya soon man.

wow kiya, wish u a speedy recovery man! so glad to hear everything is okay, man i know u like your iron heart denim but literally a kiya x iron heart!? where is that "you know your addicted" thread on sufu lol. get well soon man!

ps: cant wait to visit SELA!

ironkiya.jpg

Speedy recovery to you my friend!!!

Definitely not too soon.

I'd rather see Iron Man Kiya right now than "Kiya kickflipping out of a coffin"

Kiya... You really need to lay low from all that Filipino food.

But then again, call me anytime and I'll freakin deliver some Tapsilog/Sisig to your house.

Don't worry... Derek and Ginno got SESF on lock.

Take it Easy.