Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

.. still curious (..impatient?) any info would be appreciated!

Just had a phone meeting with Dry Bones last night... we're looking at a November 1st release date, their factory pushed it back a few weeks.

.. still curious (..impatient?) any info would be appreciated!

Just had a phone meeting with Dry Bones last night... we're looking at a November 1st release date, their factory pushed it back a few weeks.

well thats exciting kiya. i didnt expect them to be cheap too, hanging up our prized assets. im pretty sick of using cheapass hangars that do no justice.

same here, plus them cheapass hangers bend or can't take the weight....

always something.

ill try to make a prototupe for everyone to see

cool eddie, looking forward to it! :D

Would it be called...

....Self Ed?

Sorry. :D

omg, it's faith! :P

gotta rep for that

well thats exciting kiya. i didnt expect them to be cheap too, hanging up our prized assets. im pretty sick of using cheapass hangars that do no justice.

same here, plus them cheapass hangers bend or can't take the weight....

always something.

ill try to make a prototupe for everyone to see

cool eddie, looking forward to it! :D

Would it be called...

....Self Ed?

Sorry. :D

omg, it's faith! :P

gotta rep for that

Kiya, I if bought a pair of SG 1105 online, can I get them hemmed at SFLA for free? Or is there a charge?

Hemming for all online orders is $15 when you come into a store.

Kiya, I if bought a pair of SG 1105 online, can I get them hemmed at SFLA for free? Or is there a charge?

Hemming for all online orders is $15 when you come into a store.

kiya,

when a restock of the IH Super Black Riders Jacket?

a medium one...

They're doing a new run next month so it should be November 1st.

update on FH x ringring collab?

Coming within the next month or two, we should have an update shortly.

kiya,

when a restock of the IH Super Black Riders Jacket?

a medium one...

They're doing a new run next month so it should be November 1st.

update on FH x ringring collab?

Coming within the next month or two, we should have an update shortly.

Loopwheeled Fabric!

I've seen a spike of interest in loopwheeled fabrics recently so i decided to dig up a few photographs i took of a machine for those that haven't seen what a loopwheeler machine looks like.

There are some serious misconceptions about this fabric.

Just because a fabric has tube construction does not make it loopwheeleed. Also, i'd say that about 50% of the fabric which i've felt and has been marked as loopwheeled was NOT actually loopwheeled, it's just tube body constructed fabric. It's insane to me that companies get away with advertising that their fabric is one thing when it's not, but i'm convinced that these companies themselves were fooled by their factories or textile suppliers into thinking that the fabric was really loopwheeled.

Kobayashi-san (president of Flat Head) is the only person in the world that owns loopwheeling machines which are capable doing a certain weight and feel of micro-ribbed fabric, the Japanese brand Loopwheeler actually buys their micro-ribbed fabric from Kobayashi. Flat Head are still the only clothing company i've ever come across which owns up to 65% of the machines which weave all their fabrics where as all other clothing lines don't actually own any machines, they lease or outsource production to factories.

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

Loopwheeled Fabric!

I've seen a spike of interest in loopwheeled fabrics recently so i decided to dig up a few photographs i took of a machine for those that haven't seen what a loopwheeler machine looks like.

There are some serious misconceptions about this fabric.

Just because a fabric has tube construction does not make it loopwheeleed. Also, i'd say that about 50% of the fabric which i've felt and has been marked as loopwheeled was NOT actually loopwheeled, it's just tube body constructed fabric. It's insane to me that companies get away with advertising that their fabric is one thing when it's not, but i'm convinced that these companies themselves were fooled by their factories or textile suppliers into thinking that the fabric was really loopwheeled.

Kobayashi-san (president of Flat Head) is the only person in the world that owns loopwheeling machines which are capable doing a certain weight and feel of micro-ribbed fabric, the Japanese brand Loopwheeler actually buys their micro-ribbed fabric from Kobayashi. Flat Head are still the only clothing company i've ever come across which owns up to 65% of the machines which weave all their fabrics where as all other clothing lines don't actually own any machines, they lease or outsource production to factories.

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg