Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

kiya,

any word on a restock on the IH 12oz raw indigo selvedge work shirt?

That item won't be restocked, all we have left is the sizes available in our online store.

Kiya,

is the denim used in the new Roy SF01 different to that used in the RS04?

It's the same denim.

The Roy SF01 - Special Fit Jeans

Roy has taken it upon himself to rework the details in his standard 5-pocket jean model. Nearly every aspect of the jean has been tweaked including the fit.

The belt loops are now thinner and made on a 1920's Union Special belt loop making machine, the leather patch design is different and on a smaller patch, and even the front pocket openings are shaped differently. We personally love the bump on the rear pocket welts which resemble the exaggerated bump on the belt loops from many Japanese brands.

Roy is calling this the "special fit", it is in between a straight and a slim with a completely new upper block which Roy says is the best fitting jean he's made thus far.

This long overdue set of jeans is made up of a custom fabric from Cone Mills made exactly to Roy's specs. This is the first time in over three decades that Cone has produced a loomstate unsanforized fabric for anybody.

The denim is a loomstate unsanforized indigo denim that clocks in at 14.5oz per square yard in it's raw state. The denim is made of American cotton and is 100% pure indigo dyed in the darkest shade Cone produces.

Technically, the construction of the denim.. the warp has multiple sized (engineered) slub yarns and the weft has large rough spun (non-engineered) yarn. It weighs 14.5 in loomstate and approximately 16.25oz after a hot water soak.

The fabric hand is smooth and tight. Roy had Cone pack as many picks per inch (46 in 6.4 gauge yarn) as could be done without the loom blowing out and therefore achieved the tight weave he was after. There is a sound to the denim, after its been worn a few weeks - when you rustle it, that's somewhere between suede and oil cloth. This is tough fabric.

The look is streaky and it appears grey-ish at first. After rinsing and a few weeks of wear, it starts to change character as the white hairs formed by the fill yarns wear off leaving the streakiness to mellow and the shade to become a more rich, classic indigo.

Jeans from Roy don't come often and we can't keep them in stock as long as we'd like, so if you've been waiting for a pair, now is the time.

Check the product pages in our online store for more photos, measurements, and far far more specifications than you can possibly need for a pair of jeans.

The Roy SF01 Jean will be available at all Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Saturday March 2nd and in our online store at 10am (PST) the same day.

Roy's Jeans at Self Edge Online

ROY_SF01_01.JPG

ROY_SF01_03.JPG

ROY_SF01_04.JPG

ROY_SF01_06.JPG

ROY_SF01_07.JPG

ROY_SF01_05.JPG

ROY_SF01_08.JPG

Just left self edge SF! Kiya, awesome place and awesome employees. Walked out with the Stevenson 3/4 sleeve shirt and flat head leather bracelet.

I have in my calendar today: "New Imperial cuts at SE"? :-)

Their production run got pushed back because they did a new run of the Shearer and Duke first, should be in a few weeks.

jesus all the RS01 32's gone already..

We still have them at SELA (because we haven't opened yet there), if you want a pair email johan [at] selfedge.com and he'll take your order via email.

didnt even know you can still purchase the RS01s on the site?

I believe he meant SF01.

would the flat head 2001 weigh 17oz post soak?

Yes, somewhere around 17oz to 17.5oz.

Kiya, anymore info on the new dry bones collab? Was very happy with the first SEXDBXS09 and awaiting news on the new one.

It should be out in about six weeks max and we'll have photos, prices, and specs by April 1st. The fabric is seriously unreal.

Any news on the Stevenson? Ever since getting the half-sleeve from a member here I've been craving more of their stuff.

I am so beyond excited about every Stevenson release, they've turned into one of my favorite brands. The spring shipment starts April 1st at all stores. We'll also have a full restock of their jeans around the same time.

Kiya- just read up on the new strike gold 3109. Left hand twill / 17oz / grand indigo dyed weft / silver gray dyed warp

Coming to selfedge?

Hell yes, this jean looks amazing. Coming to all stores April 1st.

Any news on the Stevenson? Ever since getting the half-sleeve from a member here I've been craving more of their stuff.

This is the collection I'm most excited to receive for SS13. We placed the buy in Tokyo in November and it's amazing; should be arriving in a few weeks time at all Self Edge stores. There will even be a few products coming in that you wouldn't usually except to see from Self Edge, which is the fun part.