Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

does SENY have the garment dyed SCs by any chance?

not sure i understand the comparison of BiG to SENY - other than the brand overlap they seem totally different kinds of stores from concept to execution.

i am not a regular customer of BiG but i do feel bad that j crew is making inroads into their market via the liquor/men's stores

BIG is just way more New York than SE, they leave you alone and let you do your thing, but if you have questions they are super knowledgable and friendly. I like the fact they aren't all in your grill with the "Hi! How are you!" stuff. People in this thread sound like the kids complaining that Supreme isn't friendly on ISS.

No hate towards SelfEdge implied here, BTW.

For the recored supreme isn't that great. I don't like the overally in your face can I help you service but I do like the hey how are I wanna make you feel welcome in my store so you aren't afraid to ask a question or buy a product from me service. No reason to make people feel out of place unwelcome atleast to me that doesn't seem like a way to get people to buy a product. Undertanding that everyone that walks in BiG and SE may not need help, have questions, need advice or so on and so forth but some people will. A newb walking into BiG would probably be turned away from the idea of nice denim. I went to BiG for a pair of jeans and ended up at atrium getting a pair of nudies. I feel If I went to SE I would have been walking about with a much nicer pair of jeans.

No hate on Nudies or saying don't shop at BiG. Just saying not everyone could like the feel of that place.

Might check out SESF one of these days...

not sure though, heard bad things about the owner being a violent type of guy with no respect for his customers and some mob ties or some gangsta type of shit going on!

also heard, that he regularly rips of decent customers who visit for this "denim". staff is supposed to be really nasty too. honestly, not sure it's such a good idea, lando!

not sure though, heard bad things about the owner being a violent type of guy with no respect for his customers and some mob ties or some gangsta type of shit going on!

also heard, that he regularly rips of decent customers who visit for this "denim". staff is supposed to be really nasty too. honestly, not sure it's such a good idea, lando!

erm where'd you hear this from?

KIYA, when is sf selfedge going to restock their ironhearts? particularly the 301s? i need a new pair of jeans and the 301s is my main target

also, are flatheads/skulls ever going to produce some heavy oz denim?

301s restock is coming on April 10th, but keep in mind that there's a good chance SENY has your size so give them a call if you have the time.

Flat Head aren't very interested in doing super heavy weight denim, they like to stick to classic weight fabrics for their stuff.

Skull are in a position where they're having difficulty producing even their regular line let alone do anything in a higher weight.

When does TSL go up in the online store?

As soon as we get this Black Yakuza thing cleared up with them. (1)

Hi Kiya,

you mentioned earlier you might be getting alot of denim jackets in bigger sizes this spring. any updates/info on these?

thanks.

We'll have the black Iron Heart Rider's denim jacket up to XXXL in three weeks and the indigo version in 7 weeks and their Type III in about 3 months.

Also we'll have the Flat Head Type II in raw (which they make just for us) this summer.

301s restock is coming on April 10th, but keep in mind that there's a good chance SENY has your size so give them a call if you have the time.

Flat Head aren't very interested in doing super heavy weight denim, they like to stick to classic weight fabrics for their stuff.

Skull are in a position where they're having difficulty producing even their regular line let alone do anything in a higher weight.

Would they consider doing it in a collabo? If SE did a heavy weight denim collabo with FH I'm sure people would cop instantly. I know they probably don't have the proper looms to make such heavy denim though...