WAYWT 2024 Denim Edition

MJF9

@Alec Leamas I still have a hard time dropping off my son but more than a year in I am sure it has been the best thing for him. His socialization skills have wildly improved, his imagination has grown in ways it wouldn't have at home, and most of all, he's been able to learn from more people that are not his two parents and while we do our best and contain multitudes, we cannot show him everything. 

It gets easier, but it never gets easy. Everyone is different, but in general I think it's quite good for the kids and harder for the parents. 

2 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

@Alec Leamas I still have a hard time dropping off my son but more than a year in I am sure it has been the best thing for him. His socialization skills have wildly improved, his imagination has grown in ways it wouldn't have at home, and most of all, he's been able to learn from more people that are not his two parents and while we do our best and contain multitudes, we cannot show him everything. 

It gets easier, but it never gets easy. Everyone is different, but in general I think it's quite good for the kids and harder for the parents. 

@AlientoyWorkmachine Thanks dude for your supportive and thoughtful response, I appreciate it!

On 4/21/2024 at 7:41 PM, MJF9 said:

^ great action shots!!

More sedate here today... Ooe x 2 (just washed Bandanna Almanac, Railroad jacket) / McCoys / Converse

20240421 Oooe Bandanna Almanac Railroad 1.JPEG

an ooe tux flex of such caliber can never be called sedate; oh the bandanna... long may he flutter

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Saw the spectacular amazing and  talented Sierra Ferrel this week and had to get my Y'all-ternative on. 

Barlesoni Homburg 

Lots of rings

Cropped Levi's Western shirt 

Vintage 1984 Olympics tee (as worn by Val Kilmer in Real Genius) 

Painted leather belt

Mister Feeedom Outlaw 

Vintage Justin's with tulip inlay and homemade bootstrap. 

This T shirt is one of my most prized vintage items and probably the rarest tee I own.  Obviously no provenance but since it came from California you can't prove it's *not* the screen used shirt! 

Screenshot_20240425-120850_Instagram.thumb.jpg.424c9dc11b4953312ed47893b1a40ad8.jpg

Screenshot_20240425-121527_Instagram.thumb.jpg.563d2e472124c722d7465a724fdfa7af.jpg

IMG_20240424_143157_395.thumb.jpg.bc6c0a7d512c8de67dcc0c28f191ef38.jpg

Screenshot_20240424-134255_Instagram.thumb.jpg.75e4aecd3ca77a026941dceab1ea8002.jpg

Messenger_creation_bf78cce6-162f-462f-9401-478abba6b60a.thumb.jpeg.1161ac397679c74d402de17c125ac35b.jpeg

IMG_20240424_143157_404.jpg

They’re really cool jeans, & I like the cut a lot through the whole top block, but I’m having trouble with how much they taper. I’m not sure how close the measurements would line up on paper, but in practice they feel really close to the R01, which was a favorite cut of mine for a long time, before my current wider-jeans kick. I’m sure I’ll swing back around eventually.

@julian-wolfI get it. I go back and forth. Some days I am wearing oversized 132’s or fullcount 0105, some days still on my 601xx 51’s (which feel like the perfect cut for me in some ways, if we’re speaking more fitted). I like the wider fits a lot but the variety is good too. The 44/45 didn’t strike me as having a smaller hem from what I remember but I won’t find out for awhile I guess. 

^ I found the WW2 felt slim too after wearing wide jeans... however, as you said Julian, it didn't take long to swing around and get used to them.  I tend to now flip in and out wearing them and all's good, especially as the denim has softened up lots