volvo240thebest

Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

On 11/30/2020 at 1:51 AM, CSL said:

The chest measurements listed on their size chart seem really small in relation to the other measurements. For instance the size 46 appears to have a chest that measures slightly over 42. Had me wondering if the chart is accurate.

on that note: had a very kind some-one with a 46 kindly take a set of measurements a little while back: chest no. came to 22inches... (w. 25.5 inch length = pretty tubular for those that like that...)

@Uncle Karl - Those kitties are very lucky to have such nice climbing furniture!

10 hours ago, JDelage said:

@アンクルカール -これらの子猫は、このような素敵な登山用家具を持っていることは非常に幸運です!

YES!  I want to do a lot of things for cats.

Contest check in with my usual outfit of late, featuring [unseen] Gustin waffle, UES extra heavy flannel, TCB jeans, and New Balance.  The pants are coming along slowly but surely.

*weird cropping because the den is a bit of a mess, and it's easier to photoshop than clean....

PXL_20201203_160619744.thumb.jpg.f2eaf40804ba921028337f0b6480d5cb.jpg

Bonus shot of some cupcakes we got to celebrate my wife's birthday today.  I think she forgave me for the contest jeans crocking all over the couch =D

ISXlRMz.gif

Edited by RunMountainDrew
fixing cupcake gif

All of these heavily faded pairs are making this work from home desk jockey very jealous. Hopefully I'll have the tortoise and the hare approach. 

14 hours ago, aho said:

^insane!

Thanks!!

Welcome to the darkside everyone...Love that this is forcing us all to embrace looser/high rising fits! :tongue:

Fit pic from early on. The most comfortable jeans I’ve ever worn. Hands down. 

F3DA07BC-C706-4BAA-AEA3-53212A5AA6BE.png

Lol , I just read that blog entry for aboth the 100th time last week , what ever happened to horriblyjollyjynx ? 

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Lol , I just read that blog entry for aboth the 100th time last week , what ever happened to horriblyjollyjynx

Hopefully somewhere out there living his vintage and repro dreams.....Would be cool to see if any of the OG's are on Instagram or any other modern outlets

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Lol , I just read that blog entry for aboth the 100th time last week , what ever happened to horriblyjollyjynx ? 

S'funny you should mention him, he was the first guy l had an argument with over the accuracy of Lvc :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

S'funny you should mention him, he was the first guy l had an argument with over the accuracy of Lvc :laugh:

Lol ... he was fighting a losing battle 

Did you cut off the hems?

Just now, volvo240thebest said:

Did you cut off the hems?

Indeed. Decided to go raw hem after a few joints last night 

@mzasch digging the naked hem. I did that with my lvc 1933. A stay stitch will help with the fraying. Unless you are not bothered. You have me contemplating doing this to my 40s.