Denime

On 10/27/2023 at 11:51 PM, indigoeagle said:

Nice

What does the FQ on the patch and the number on the pocket bag mean?

About the batch numbers of Denime: I have no fucking clue. Smarter persons than me can decipher when the jeans were made, I can't. For a long time I thought they would just print whatever they want but the numbers and letters can be dated to the production run.

And in regards to the pocket bags, that's a small nod to Levi's. They also had such printed numbers on the pocket bags. I asked earlier if someone could explain it. But IIRC @Paul T and also @Dr_Heech can't (or am I wrong?!)

First wash yesterday at about two months of wear

This is the longest I've gone without a wash in what feels like a decade

9026B420-C09E-4F52-BB60-A65237B8A9B2.thumb.jpeg.9ac848c5f838ce3a90112b68069427a8.jpeg

ACD1B19A-F5DB-4D52-995C-A9BA8CF8656C.thumb.jpeg.5074ff07dc9055e800f8b73e57a162a7.jpeg

E470891A-1892-4F5A-BE8B-36E560FACA7B.thumb.jpeg.1434e0586d4a25f73816e6599ef4a621.jpeg

Denim is darker than photographed, on the greyer side which I really like. Got them one wash and after this first cold wash they've shrunk up about an inch

@obama an excellent fit, indeed.

I have the 220 and 221, both size 31. The 221 has a slightly lower rise, but otherwise not too different in the top block. The thighs are a bit narrower, and there is a notable taper from about the knee down. I think they would fit you similarly well in the same size as the 220a.

14 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@Maynard Friedman   looking forward to those pics 😉 or just some fade pics 😄

@scooby you killed that patch! How did you wash?

I cooked the patch with a steamer a week or so before the wash, wash was by hand with cold water though. I've never been able to get a patch toasted like that just by washing/dying hot and I've always desired that look.

My first time "artificially" distressing anything, lock me up!

4 hours ago, scooby said:

I cooked the patch with a steamer a week or so before the wash, wash was by hand with cold water though. I've never been able to get a patch toasted like that just by washing/dying hot and I've always desired that look.

My first time "artificially" distressing anything, lock me up!

i like the 'beef jerky' look. steamer of an espresso machine?

seems this denim can get the most marbling pattern if someone likes it.

bntwJz7.jpg

iqN1RuU.jpg

fHaQwgn.jpg

221. 2 hot washes and machine dries to shrink as much as possible. For how little wear I've given these, mostly just around the house and running errands, they show some really nice fading already. I'm also really happy that some lightning/marbling fades have started to show throughout them. I'm assuming that has to do with the hot wash/machine dry. 

For those interested, here are the measurements of my Denime 221 W32 L30:
(Raw / after washing at 40 degrees / after 10 days of wear)
Waist: 43.75cm/40.5cm/42.25cm
Front rise: 31 cm / 29.5 cm / 29.5 cm
Back rise: 40.5 cm / 39 cm / 40 cm
Thigh (top): 31 cm / 30 cm / 31 cm
Inseam: 84 cm / 78.5 cm / 79 cm
Leg opening: 21 cm / 20 cm / 20 cm

40 minutes ago, CharlieMike said:

Do you know if the shrinkage of batch 221 increases with the number of washes? I'm hesitant to put it in the dryer... does that shrink it a lot? Do you recommend putting it inside out or right side up in the dryer?

Some guys have shared their measurements already (I haven't washed a pair of 221 yet). I think @blooming was one of them.

21 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Some guys have shared their measurements already (I haven't washed a pair of 221 yet). I think @blooming was one of them.

I don't think I posted full measurements, but I found that they took about two washes to get all of the shrink out. The dryer helped as well, but not as much as I would have originally thought @CharlieMike. If I bought a second pair of these, I'd go one size down since they are slightly bigger in the waist/hips than I'd like. My pair is size 31, and the waist measures about 31.5 after 2 hot washes and a run through the dryer, if that helps.

the dryer soften the fabric, so after is more easy to stretch it back in waist...

in the past I was trying to manage the size with wash and dryer. But the result was always and always not good. Always I didn't received demanded fit. And always I destroyed leather patch..... Boiled patch and jeans soft from dryer as towel is not good combination ....

On 11/2/2023 at 4:53 PM, scooby said:

@edwardlj
This is what I'm referring to. I was steaming some of my wife's clothes and had an a-ha moment. I only did it for maybe 20-30 seconds tops, the patch crisped up and looks awesome now. As far as the denim goes I haven't and won't be using the steamer on it

E39C6D22-5701-43CD-B01A-4FF605210E85.thumb.jpeg.4317192c9935885897d6a6b47800913a.jpeg

I sometimes have an a-ha moment too but only when no one's listening. 

20 hours ago, blooming said:

I don't think I posted full measurements, but I found that they took about two washes to get all of the shrink out. The dryer helped as well, but not as much as I would have originally thought @CharlieMike. If I bought a second pair of these, I'd go one size down since they are slightly bigger in the waist/hips than I'd like. My pair is size 31, and the waist measures about 31.5 after 2 hot washes and a run through the dryer, if that helps.

@blooming  Thank you so much. I'm going to wait until the second wash before trying the dryer. Does your 221 also have a difference in blue between the front and rear panel?