Denime

Yeah... nice jeans... wear them whenever at work. I should have washed them less at the start but each wear makes that less relevant. Even though they're fast faders - yours are looking very nice - it'll be a very slow burn for me

On 10/18/2023 at 7:49 AM, cause4pause said:

Does anyone have experience on how the old '66 fabric is expected to behave and stretch?

As you know I do have a pair. When i bought them (washed and lightly worn ) they measured 35". I washed them of course and they shrank to 33". I would need to measure them again but I would be surprised if they wouldn't measure 34.5-35" now.

So perfect @beautiful_FrEaK! I have a backlog of many Denime updates to share. Including an Orizzonti S506 that looks to be pretty new on its way to me now. 

Question, what info do you know about WWII editions back in the Orizzonti era? I have only seen a couple pop up here and there but rarely with enough pictures to understand the details. Are they just an XX with laurel leafs, olive bags an no coin pocket rivets or is it a different fit, pocket shape, etc? 

@Graytrain as my sample size is n=1 for XX and WW2 from the Orizzonti era, please take it with a grain of salt.

The WW2 is a touch straighter in the lower leg. Top block is not too different but my WW2 feel tighter. As a note, they had been boiled to death by the previous owner I guess.

They have the laurel leaf buttons, lack of rivets, wider back pockets, wonky stitches to show the WW2 characteristics (I want to believe Denime was the first brand to pay attention to this, prove me I am wrong!!!), all yellow stitching, the denim feels different to the XX but I can't say it actually is a different denim, my pocket bags are white canvas. They used different material for different runs. 

1 hour ago, Graytrain said:

@beautiful_FrEaK Thank you! That is exactly the input I wanted. I have been on the lookout for sometime but for every 20 newish pairs of XX that come up (rare enough as it is) there's maybe 1 pair of WWII. 

There are pairs every now and then but yes, much rarer than the XX.

You often find worn pairs but also some deadstock pairs were available recently. I always send the links to @Flash with pairs in his size...but he just won't buy them ;)