mikecch

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

Reminds me of the Nigel Carbourn medical shirt but with cooler buttons and more affordable price. Would definitely cop if I didn't have too many chambrays already. Nice job, Bryan!

I have 6 chambray shirts but will buy this nonetheless! I can't really have enough chambrays...

7 hours ago, Cucoo said:

What exactly does "for western builds" mean exactly? More length in the body or just taller sizes?

More length in the body and sleeves proportional to chest size; basically I looked at how the average modern shirt being sold by some major Western retailers was being cut in terms of measurements and used that as a template, rather than letting the factory in Japan come up with sizes.

This has been one of my biggest struggles with Japanese-made shirts; usually one of the proportions will be off, or I'll find myself between sizes. Usually sleeves are too short (though for one brand they're too long with overly wide shoulders and a tight waist) or the length is a bit too short for a shirt to stay well tucked in. I also focused on a slightly larger frame; for example I wear the Small comfortably and I'm 180 cm and 70 kg, whereas John Lofgren wears the Large. Of course if there are enough sales down the line I could offer XL and XS. B)

Edited by Iron Horse

6 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

More length in the body and sleeves proportional to chest size; basically I looked at how the average modern shirt being sold by some major Western retailers was being cut in terms of measurements and used that as a template, rather than letting the factory in Japan come up with sizes.

This has been one of my biggest struggles with Japanese-made shirts; usually one of the proportions will be off, or I'll find myself between sizes. Usually sleeves are too short (though for one brand they're too long with overly wide shoulders and a tight waist) or the length is a bit too short for a shirt to stay well tucked in. I also focused on a slightly larger frame; for example I wear the Small comfortably and I'm 180 cm and 70 kg, whereas John Lofgren wears the Large. Of course if there are enough sales down the line I could offer XL and XS. B)

I think Flat Head shirts (the non W version) are the worst offenders of all.  

44 minutes ago, propellerbeanie said:

Would it be possible to include armhole measurements as well? Sometimes I find that I am between sizes, and at times all the measurements feel fine besides a tight armpit.

Sure, I can do that later today! I know what you mean, I get that a bit with my TCB Ranchman, though it might also be because of my massive triceps. ^_^

4 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

just to make sure: the shirt is washed, little to no further shrinkage expected?

Foxy, yes the shirt is one-wash; on the sample I did get a little bit of shrinkage on the sleeves after multiple hot washes and a trip through the dryer, but we're talking minimal shrinkage. 

@propellerbeanie, here are the armhole measurements in cm:

Small: 21

Medium: 22 

Large: 23

Edited by Iron Horse

6 hours ago, netw0rth said:

that shit mad ugly aka the rong stuff

You know, I wasn't going to respond, because everybody loves a guy who keeps his composure and takes the high road, but, I just can't pass up a good Chris Farley reaction gif:

R5B8K1D.gif

17 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Thanks! 

I just took a look at the measurements on www.the-rite-stuff.com and while I get that there's an audience for those measurements, it's exactly what I don't need in a shirt: size S chest measurements look great but too long in sleeves and a tad too long in the body :D This is my dilemma with most western brands, Levi's for example will fit fine in S (or M if it's slim fit) but it'll be too long to be worn untucked. I'm just lucky that I can wear most Japanese brands without any problems ;)

Shirt does look pretty great nonetheless!

Finally someone making japanese shirts for tall, lanky guys. Size Medium is pretty much perfect for me. I've been struggling to find anything that fits and was pretty much limited to short-sleeve shirts when it comes to Japanese brands. Love the design of your current offering and I'm looking forward to additional items!

Nice looking shirt, Iron Horse and great effort; I wish you success! I really like the heft and darker color of the chambray cloth and look forward to the XL. For me, western sizes in XL refer to shoulder widths of 20 - 21 inches and pit to pit 24 - 25 inches with other dimensions increased proportionately; armhole dimensions and forearm dimensions especially. One question - I've never been certain if/when chambray shirts are Indigo dyed. So, is this shirt Indigo dyed? Thanks and good luck.

6 hours ago, lance said:

Nice looking shirt, Iron Horse and great effort; I wish you success! I really like the heft and darker color of the chambray cloth and look forward to the XL. For me, western sizes in XL refer to shoulder widths of 20 - 21 inches and pit to pit 24 - 25 inches with other dimensions increased proportionately; armhole dimensions and forearm dimensions especially. One question - I've never been certain if/when chambray shirts are Indigo dyed. So, is this shirt Indigo dyed? Thanks and good luck.

Hello; thanks for the specific measurements! Yes, this shirt is indigo-dyed. :)

13 hours ago, Cucoo said:

Thanks! 

I just took a look at the measurements on www.the-rite-stuff.com and while I get that there's an audience for those measurements, it's exactly what I don't need in a shirt: size S chest measurements look great but too long in sleeves and a tad too long in the body :D This is my dilemma with most western brands, Levi's for example will fit fine in S (or M if it's slim fit) but it'll be too long to be worn untucked. I'm just lucky that I can wear most Japanese brands without any problems ;)

Shirt does look pretty great nonetheless!

Thanks Cuccoo; it's a tough choice as I'd love to make something that works for everyone, but there really is no one-size-fits all in life. I will say though that this shirt looks best either tucked in or untucked but unbuttoned. I tend not to wear it buttoned up and untucked at the same time. Taller and thinner guys definitely could though; this isn't too dissimilar from Freewheelers shirts.

Edited by Iron Horse

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 4:07 PM, Iron Horse said:

Hello; thanks for the specific measurements! Yes, this shirt is indigo-dyed. :)

Thanks Cuccoo; it's a tough choice as I'd love to make something that works for everyone, but there really is no one-size-fits all in life. I will say though that this shirt looks best either tucked in or untucked but unbuttoned. I tend not to wear it buttoned up and untucked at the same time. Taller and thinner guys definitely could though; this isn't too dissimilar from Freewheelers shirts.

I like this a lot. I don't like the in between sizing in terms of length that some people do. I love that Freewheelers make it obvious that you should tuck your shirts in and RJB/Flat Head make it very obvious that you should not tuck most of their shirts in. The shirt itself looks great as well.

16 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I like this a lot. I don't like the in between sizing in terms of length that some people do. I love that Freewheelers make it obvious that you should tuck your shirts in and RJB/Flat Head make it very obvious that you should not tuck most of their shirts in. The shirt itself looks great as well.

Thanks Dude; I agree, nothing is more frustrating than a shirt that doesn't look right buttoned and untucked, but isn't quite long enough to stay tucked, especially at the gussets.