Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

39 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

oof, thought there was gonna be some special pocket bags for the re-run...

Agreed; this is a bit disappointing. In the absence of any other exclusive traits to distinguish from stock 20s, those cat ears suddenly became quite pricey. Probably just a casualty of the chaos.

Edited by MileHighEvertonian
added quote

the sadness for me is most small

compared to joy that this still continues in the chaos

most assuredly...

methinx: i paid less than tcb for this incidental occurrence

and then my real question: any mensch beatnik carpenters still there to crush competition?

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

ugh. I shoulda just gotten a refund. I'm not interested at all in pants with weird pocket designs or 2 patches. I've got no problem ripping the cat ear stitching off the pockets but getting that patch off the waistband interferes with the construction of the jeans. I'll wait til my pair arrives but consider this an interest check on a size 31. 

Edited by erk

28 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

the sadness for me is most small

compared to joy that this still continues in the chaos

Totally agree!! I may be the minority but the absence of a small detail no one will see doesn’t make me the slightest bit less excited about these jeans. Can’t wait to pick mine up tomorrow and get a soak going!

39 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

fingers crossed: very much assuming there is single patch for all others [can see possible confusion from my earlier post, so most apologies for any/all freakage...]

there won't be double patches anywhere except your pair. No one asked for this and it wasn't even discussed.

9 minutes ago, heavydoom said:

don't get mad tcb fan boys and girls but those cat ears..........i don't know...they make the jeans look cheap.  should have left the back pockets plain. 

thanks for your opinion. I think this thread lacked some fuss.

man, I dont know at this point.  We paid $245 for these, can get some normal 20's from Denimio for $200, whick is what these are basically, considering the patch has about 4 more washes before its illegible.  Add on the shipping back costs...

I'm in a bad mood about this to be honest.  Im going put myself on a time-out for a bit because at this point I'm just gonna sound like an asshole.  Plus the assholes at USPS didnt deliver, just left a note...

Im not mad at any of you beautiful people involved.  I'm just aggravated at the whole affair more than anything and like a terrone, I'll hold a Full grudge against he who shall not be named until it becomes unreasonable and makes no sense haha.  You can Count on that!

download.jpeg

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I don't know that I have any right chiming in seeing as how my pair is still likely on it's way to TCB and I probably slowed everything down, but honestly I don't mind a lack of special pocket bags, and will probably keep the cat ear arcs on my pair even though I'm not the biggest fan of that design. Unfortunately it is what it is at this point and overall I think no party can be happy, but at least we're at some point of compromise and we'll all have 20's in our hands soon for those who decided to stick it through! I grew too accustomed of the fit and don't mind helping Inoue-san out since he stands to suffer most from this all

4 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

man, I dont know at this point.  We paid $245 for these, can get some normal 20's from Denimio for $200, whick is what these are basically, considering the patch has about 4 more washes before its illegible.  Add on the shipping back costs...

I'm in a bad mood about this to be honest.  Im going put myself on a time-out for a bit because at this point I'm just gonna sound like an asshole.  Plus the assholes at USPS didnt deliver, just left a note...

Im not mad at any of you beautiful people involved.  I'm just aggravated at the whole affair more than anything and like a terrone, I'll hold a Full grudge against he who shall not be named until it becomes unreasonable and makes no sense haha.  You can Count on that!

This is exactly what im feeling right now, couldnt agree more about what we get with that pricing, i would keep it but the special pocket lining should be there honestly. 

is it our fault for rushing the 2nd batch? that we didnt get  confirmation about the details?

my opinion:

This is what normally happens when infringing registered trademark designs - that we got away with it for a couple of months entitles nobody to anything.
Usually, at this stage the show would have been over - no refund, no re-placement, potential penalties...

I don't care about the standard lining and the new arcs on the replacement pair - I care about the jeans (same denim, same cut) and I'm happy that Inoue was able to finance a new run (materials, labour, shipping) out of his own pocket.
That he had to cut corners (timing, cost) to make that happen is regrettable but justified.

1 hour ago, Foxy2 said:

my opinion:

This is what normally happens when infringing registered trademark designs - that we got away with it for a couple of months entitles nobody to anything.
Usually, at this stage the show would have been over - no refund, no re-placement, potential penalties...

I don't care about the standard lining and the new arcs on the replacement pair - I care about the jeans (same denim, same cut) and I'm happy that Inoue was able to finance a new run (materials, labour, shipping) out of his own pocket.
That he had to cut corners (timing, cost) to make that happen is regrettable but justified.

Agree about this view tho , it is what it is , need to be grateful now

3 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

my opinion:

wisdom, and christological words of kindness. super reppance was mandatory.
My pair arrived in Milano today, and I've promptly received a friendly phone call from the customs asking for more details about the value of goods etc etc. Excellent stuff altogether.

^^^

full agreement: wisdom of foxy displayed once more

given mine the hot soak, but no machine wash yet

given the fact the last pair stretched back to raw waist size in no time, it really is a length issue; so will measure up once they dry out

given the softness of denim post wash-machine dry last time, want some crispness to begin...

fingers crossed for all those travelling pants

001.jpg

forecast gives a few days of desperate rain here, so if I can get the jeans tomorrow I will soak and then head to the laundromat with a pair of wet jeans to proceed with speedy wash/dry. i will probably wear a pair of bibs while doing all of this to make extra sure that the lady from the laundromat will think I'm completely weird.

I'm really glad to know they're on the way.

I've had some brutal house-clearing, selling some of my early LVC deadstock and other items, trying to strip down clutter and get my Jazzmaster refurbed so I can try and rival Erk. Naturally, amid such monk-like ascetism, a new pair of pants will make a welcome change. I have subtracted one centimetre in length for mine and I think it will make all the difference.

I took off 4 cm from my pair and hope it will make a big difference too. usually I go for 77 cm inseam for a single cuff, i went 78 for the 20s mach I, but somehow they feel much longer than they actually are. I hope 74 cm won't bee too short. Even in the most unlucky possibility they will be long enough for no cuff.

Just got notice that my pair is at the post office, but I'll be in the US and then Mexico for another two weeks. Feels good to have something waiting for me when I return, even though I get a bit impatient. 

As for the patches, arcs and pocket bags I don't really care (the regular 20s patch is one of my favorites really), I'm just happy that a difficult situation was solved in a reasonable way, where we all (the ones not requesting a refund) end up with great jeans. Our cost has been small compared to that of Inoue, not to mention all the extra work for Volvo: Thanks!

12 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

I'll hold a Full grudge against he who shall not be named until it becomes unreasonable and makes no sense haha.  You can Count on that!

Oh please believe grudges shall be held. I plan on carrying my grudge until I can’t remember what it’s even about. 

Godbless the osaka 4. 

Too far? 

8 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

my opinion:

I feel you, and at my core agree with a lot of what you said but had I known I get to pay $70+ extra for what is a run of the mill model I would have opted for a refund. Don't get me wrong, I'm honestly relieved that the situation was resolved, but at the end of the day I didn't infringe on any trademark So I'm having a hard time just accepting that as a casualty of the situation. Regardless, I'm actually quite conflicted towards my feelings. I don't like how I feel about it but I feel like I've been put into a position that traditionally I would have avoided but because things got messy I'm stuck. I'm sure I'll get over it but it's just disappointing all around. 

I hope you'll cheer up and keep being the italo american terrone tcb contestant that I always enjoy reading about. I'll send you some minchia e cunigghiu chili seeds, so I can see them grow from photos on this topic and being used in your wrong italo american pasta dishes during the course of the contest. The chilli may end to irritate your soft italo american arse more than this whole story hahaha!

Edited by volvo240thebest