supertalk6
volvo240thebest

66 type jeans

Those Porky's look like they were made for you, Volvo. Superb fit.

I bought a pair of Resolutes three weeks ago and have been wearing them every day since. I hope mine end up looking as good as kikjub's.

I have both pairs in size 34. The Resolute 710 is much slimmer through the leg with a strong taper. The D1709 has a lower rise and a wider leg. Also it is cut rather straight. Both are nice but quite different in terms of fit.

Thanks very much, b_F! I'm wearing my (somewhat roomy up top) Resolutes now and I've been considering getting another pair of 710s but sizing one down this time. Seeing great photos of some well-worn D1709s though has me reconsidering my next purchase.

Edited by double dare

I'm not sure LVC (or rather Cone in this case) uses Magnadraft nowadays. They just try to replicate the effect Magnadraft had on the texture without really using Magnadraft. With Resolute 710 you have a good brand for late 60s denim and also TCB's 60s jeans are nice

This was is a great thread... here's to hoping more pics drop here soon! Wish my 710 were further along so I could contribute.

Hmmmm.... this recently (but long overdue) bumped thread has me thinking about a pair of SC1966s again - I see the new models without the star are now made in Japan. I have also been considering some LVC 66s for a while - if only there was a thread comparing the two models.....

Same here Maynard, forgot how relatively cheap SC66's are. I think Dr. House started that (short-lived) LVC v SC 1966 thread in 2010 or 2011

Edited by bod

Not exactly 66s, but the LVC 76s (which iirc represent 501s from '72 to '77) aren't wildly different from late 60s 501s in shape. IMO they give a closer approximation of a late 60s/early 70s 501   than anything anyone else is making, without any goofy proportions or exaggerated details.