TCB

that's a hell of a fit congrats.

if your jacket behaves same as mine you'll have none to minimum shrink after a further wash and the 50's denim stretches easily. I'd say you can do whatever you want and your fit will be always safe.

industrial wash it's pretty harsh compared to a house washing machine. if you just want to be extra safe avoid tumble dry.

^Thanks!  Looking forward to this hopefully looking like yours a few years down the line.

Agree re: industrial wash.  Has been my experience that one-wash from the manufacturer tends to get all the shrink out.  Didn't realize at first the some of these were arriving one wash and some raw, so the comments about soaking were getting me a bit worried.

^yeah but the denim looks pretty epic.

^^ hmmm maybe the 50 wouldn't work for me then. I have pretty thin legs and I guess they'd be somewhat baggy without sizing down. I wear a 32 too and a 12" thigh still has plenty of room around my pins.

oh oh oh oh think I saw my Xmas auto present!!! the measurements for a 36 are perfect for me. rise a touch higher than the 60's hem a touch narrower, and the denim looks sweet. I should really try other brands but I know I'll end buying these instead!

I'm not sure how to think about sizing. Choose a 32 where the waist measure around 33 or size down and stretch the waist. How did you guys size your other tcb jeans? The waist on my evisu 2000 measure 33.6 one week after wash.

Edited by tigerstrom

Tcb do some of the best repro cuts there.

50's is a repro of a Levi 501xx from the 50's - it's a classic loose fit silhouette

60's cut is his personal repro of a Levi 501 from the 60's, a more regular cut

preshrunk is a replica of a 1960's 505, the first sanforized denim jean made by Levi's. mid to high rise, regular leg and a slight taper towards the hem. it also has a zip fly.

thanks volvo!!!

in time i will get the other two cuts.  don't mind the different looks when i have all three in rotation.  i can't wear these slim fitting jeans anymore.  my precious parts cannot breathe down there anymore.

You help me, I help you ;)

About true to size (TTS):

From my understanding it was always meant as when you are a size 34 (meaning to me, the jeans you wear disregarding of tag size measure 34†you are a size 34) and you buy the jeans in size 34 you go TTS. Although the jeans might measure 33†or 35â€. So if you are a size 34 and the jeans you are eyeing measure 34†in a tag size 32, you size down 2 to get the size you need.

From this also the saying comes: the jeans measure true to tag size (when a size 34 really measures 34â€). So on vanity sized jeans you need to size down. And on unsanforized jeans that measure true to tag size before shrinking, you size up.

But I have also heard that people disregard the tag size and go only by the measured size and then say they go true to size. Let’s say the person is a size 34 but buys a size 32 because the jeans measure 34â€, but still says he went TTS.

So the other way around to my understanding. And (IMO) wrong :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Thanks mate! I'm interested in the new 505 cut in size 32 and the waist measurment is about the same as tcb 50s in size 32. Your warehouse were almost perfect in the waist so I think size 32 in 505 going to be fine! If they are a bit big I think it´s possible to shrink them a bit more :)

Edited by tigerstrom

As with most sanforized denim, stretching them to fit is easier than shrink them to fit. That said, there is surely some shrinkage left in them.

Anyone know how similar the denim of the 505 is to the ‘60s denim?

How about doing a 505 contest when the 50s contest is over? ;) I’m not sure we have seen many sanforized denim contests here :D

I had a look at the blurb in the TCB web shop and it looks like it's the same cotton but different fabric, this is a 7x7 13 oz. sanforized denim. to me it looks quite similar and that's what excites me as the 60's fabric it's superb and fades beautifully. I can see a similar light blue hue and fluffiness.