TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

dont think so.  for street photography, 1.4 isnt really necessary and adds to the size and weight of the lens.  The Zeiss lens is really great so far.  If anything, I would go for  the Leica 35mm 2.0 Summicron.  Its like a little engineering marvel.  It feels so solid and smooth, the barrel action is out of this world.  Even the Zeiss pales in comparison to it.    Its also $2800 new, so theres a very small chance that will happen.  

I have an older 35mm 2.0 Summicron (as well as an M6 and R6) gnomes.  Beautiful lens, as you say -- so small, with a smooth/painterly rendering.  You're right, the 1.4 is much bigger and heavier.  With film, at least, it's nice to have the 1.4's speed at times, but the latest versions are large.  I do like the old 50/1.4 Summilux.  It had that same, sweet image quality as the older 'Cron but with the added benefit of shallow depth of field.

The older Leica lenses remind me of some of what we're after in Japanese denim -- imperfection as perfection!

John

Been a while for me too, though I still have a darkroom.  I grew up shooting SLR's (Minolta SRT-101, Nikkormat, Nikon F2, Leica R6) and never fully got the hang of rangefinder photography.  But an M Leica with 35 'Cron is a fantastic set-up.  Solid as a rock, easy to handle, mechanical precision, and those lenses with their naturalness and tonal gradation!  I often think about selling it, then I pick it up and 'no' is always the answer.  Have fun with it.  Goes well with a faded pair of jeans ;-)

he's fucking amazing, I tell you. I'm wearing these jeans hard, wore them as much as I could and I cheated on them maybe 10 days in the whole summer. I can't figure out how the hell he got what he got. Inoue san was surprised too.

we're due for an update on PaulT as well and the other tattoo guy from NYC (can't remember your username duder!). those were the other very promising pairs. and I'd love to see SImon's pair as well, his Ooe contest pair was my favourite.

my pair has developed less contrast, due probably to the fact that they're such a loose fit on me.  I hope that in the long run I'll end up with a great vintage fade with a some contrast, more like Inoue's grail status pair.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Sorry. haven't had chance to sit down and edit pix. Had a good summer, heading with the nipper to Cap Finistere, hwere he surfed for 14 days.

This was one of the places we hung out;

Chateau2_zpsmf2a1m33.jpg

Chateau1_zps4uhjnmsr.jpg

And this is the weather we've been enjoying back in the UK:

britishsummer_zpsjlinf4te.jpg

So, no chance to wash these babies. But remember, it ain't over 'til it's over!

jeenz_zps2ge570hn.jpg

Sorry. haven't had chance to sit down and edit pix. Had a good summer, heading with the nipper to Cap Finistere, hwere he surfed for 14 days.

This was one of the places we hung out;

Chateau2_zpsmf2a1m33.jpg

Chateau1_zps4uhjnmsr.jpg

And this is the weather we've been enjoying back in the UK:

So, no chance to wash these babies. But remember, it ain't over 'til it's over!

Paul T forgot to mention he was hanging out on set of season 6 of Downton Abbey....

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I'm very happy but I think they have a way to go and are at a kind of in-between stage; usually when jeans are at the four or five wash stage, let's say 13 months or so, I put them aside for special occasions. I'm looking forward to taking them further.

I did take a month off to wear my LVC 1890s for the summer but now I realise i have some serious competition, they won't be leaving me...

I'm very happy but I think they have a way to go and are at a kind of in-between stage; usually when jeans are at the four or five wash stage, let's say 13 months or so, I put them aside for special occasions. I'm looking forward to taking them further.

I did take a month off to wear my LVC 1890s for the summer but now I realise i have some serious competition, they won't be leaving me...

Paul, do you use the dryer or hang dry?

Bits and pieces from the last couple of days:

Tried and succeeded in making killer falafel

20793957784_17a9b95a8f_c.jpg

They have this "italian style café" in Örebro. I've been sceptic and only recently tried it out. Coffee wasn't good but I could do with another tiramisu!

21405757762_7e9ecc7b41_c.jpg

And this weekend I went to Stockholm to see the very awsome Leon Bridges. I didn't take a lot of pics this time but I had great beer and food at Akkurat which I've heard mentioned as the best pub in the world (?). Definitely worth a visit if you like beer and/or whisky. 

21416644155_eb3a1cf8aa_c.jpg

Tend to come back to Johan & Nyström for my cup of coffee when I'm in town, this time was no different.

21405759042_a437706bee_c.jpg

A mate of mine lives in these cool old worker households in the middle of Stockholm. Always feels surreal to find them in the middle of the buzz.

20795573673_44de856f74_c.jpg

Lots and lots of tasty beers got devoured. Found this coffee stout a little amusing since I bought that exact roast the day before.

21229763289_98f580b6bf_c.jpg

couple pics from Glasgow.

had not much time to do the tourist this time but here a couple pics anyway.

beautiful University building, has a lovely Hogwarts vibe.

064761F9-AE44-4777-9612-DFBA576396DA_zps

01B689BE-23ED-495B-8006-A2EF03578D80_zps

502E6318-1CB3-4F21-9FD4-2EAED488FD75_zps

297D6297-8641-4BA6-9F5E-61A4F3F0F037_zps

went to a good Gin bar yesterday evening, called Gin71. my mates here know I love gin and they just decided to make me really happy as you all can see!

64C93CD2-DB3C-4248-B892-0C0DCCBC4AB8_zps

So I tried the Edenmill Buckthorn and the Edinburgh Cannonball, both real nice.

Edited by volvo240thebest