TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Hey guys! I'm really excited to see this contest take off and for my first pair of selvedge jeans. Thought you might want to see some of the preliminary drafts for the patch! I'm glad to see you love it. 

2r766af.jpg

Welcome to superdenim, and thanks for your work on the patch.

(I'm looking forward to destroying it.)

*(Edit to add a quote of your post since the image should be on the front page :) )

Edited by ColdStorage

Thanks Ed!

Everyone, I just messaged with Inoue-san and he says production should be complete sometime next week, meaning shipped from Ed, the jeans should be in our hands by the second or third week of August (to be safe) barring no issues from customs, etc.

I don't mind starting wear whenever they get to you...A week or two difference shouldn't be a big deal. Are we all cool with starting whenever we get the jeans? Please feel free to post pictures , measurements, and document your start date for posterity (the old newspaper and jeans picture is always fun)! I myself will be making most of my immediate updates to instagram via #TCBcontest

Damn I can't wait to get this going!

I have no problem with people starting when they get em. Eat it while it's hot!

(snip) I myself will be making most of my immediate updates to instagram via #TCBcontest

...(snip)

Never had instagram but might need a throwaway account, don't want to miss out on contest updates. Just don't tell my wife and friends, I really don't have any desire to be bombarded with pictures of meals, pets, and children ;)

So... Thursday morning I did my accounts and contemplated my credit card balance. Thursday afternoon I discussed with Lady T whether I could justify more denim... she urged me on, I said I didn't think I could do it.

Then Friday morning I got notification a payment I've been waiting for since 31 Oct finally arrived. It was a sign.

I got another sign this morning, a tax bill, but sod it.

My Full Count are 32 tag, as are my 55501 so I reckon that's what I'll go with (both circa 39cm now). Thighs are 28cm on the LVC, 25cm on the Full Count, so on that basis I should be ok. If anyone reckons that sounds badly wrong, please yell. INterested to know what the Roy x Cone peeps went for?

hi paul, for what it's worth now, i was a size 32 in the RxC's and went for a 31 in these. the RxC's still fit perfectly but looking at the sizing chart for the TCB's, i think a size down would probably fit me similarly around the waist. as with my experience with japanese-made/measured denim, i seem to always be able to go one down from the cone stuff (ROY's or LVC's for that matter).

what size did you go relative to your RxC's for the TCB's?

hi paul, for what it's worth now, i was a size 32 in the RxC's and went for a 31 in these. the RxC's still fit perfectly but looking at the sizing chart for the TCB's, i think a size down would probably fit me similarly around the waist. as with my experience with japanese-made/measured denim, i seem to always be able to go one down from the cone stuff (ROY's or LVC's for that matter).

what size did you go relative to your RxC's for the TCB's?

I went for a 32, which is what i have in Full COunt, and which - I think - is what I went for in the ROys.

I tried a pair of the '66 TCB in a 32 waist, raw. I thought the waist was undersized compared to LVC (ie my 32 raw pair of '55, which you'd expect to shrink down to 30, but probably sits at 32 after lots of washes). But the thighs were very full eve on the '66, with a fiar bit (but not huge) amount of room in the seat. So for all those reasons I'm sticking with the 32. I reckon the waist will shrink out and the butt/crotch will be about right.