TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Sorry everyone I've been travelling the past week (as you mightve noticed on instagram lol) but I'm trying to catch up now! Lots of sizing questions for sure but again I'm relying on Hajime's advice of measuring my waist and buying that size! Still have yet to order my pair, sorry ed!

Edited by aho

patch is looking great!

seems European teams are not performing well at all; luckily you'll have the Belgian and Dutch team to look forward to so far in the next round

all this tcb excitement made me think of this classic Simpson's line:

:D :D :D

edited as I can't embed the video, feck!

re edited as now works, double feck!

Edited by volvo240thebest

So... Thursday morning I did my accounts and contemplated my credit card balance. Thursday afternoon I discussed with Lady T whether I could justify more denim... she urged me on, I said I didn't think I could do it.

Then Friday morning I got notification a payment I've been waiting for since 31 Oct finally arrived. It was a sign.

I got another sign this morning, a tax bill, but sod it.

My Full Count are 32 tag, as are my 55501 so I reckon that's what I'll go with (both circa 39cm now). Thighs are 28cm on the LVC, 25cm on the Full Count, so on that basis I should be ok. If anyone reckons that sounds badly wrong, please yell. INterested to know what the Roy x Cone peeps went for?

Edited by Paul T

<snip>Thursday afternoon I discussed with Lady T whether I could justify more denim... she urged me on, I said I didn't think I could do it.<snip>

Funny, this is the exact opposite version of the conversation I usually have, where she doesn't think I can justify more denim and I have to urge myself on.  ;)

Will be making payment tomorrow after my July 1 paycheck goes into my account. Then I suppose I better mention something to the Wife... wish me luck.

Payment sent!

I ended up ordering a Size 34 even though i'm a true 35/36" waist, the difference usually depending on how far the rise goes up my belly. I know this goes against most advice offered in this thread but I am just basing my decision on the raw measurements in the first post (93.6cm=almost 37 inches!), my own past experience with other brands based on my wash regiment, and finally this auction for a 60s pair that is tagged 34 but reportedly measures 35" after a soak and minimal wear. I'm not one to size down usually, but since i'm very short, these roomy cuts can get pretty out of control looking once I hem to my length so the slightly smaller hem/knee/leg on the tagged 34 is what tipped the decision for me. Hope I don't end up with a pair thats too small to wear. I'm very excited to get the contest under way.