TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Hi there the contest pair will be the 50's only. If you want to join scroll back the thread, you must get in touch with Ed @ the lost found shop in Manila. Dunno if you could still join the contest but you could still give it a try.

OK... a quick photo dump.

The jeans were waiting for me THursday or so; we've over in Ca doing a couple of houseswaps, the second one just inland from San Clemente. Big house with a pool. so natrually soon as I photographed the raw jeans I jumoed in the pool with them. Then washed at medium heat. Seem to fit perfectly.

Pix below include me at the Getty Center in Pasadena, and a bunch from today. An absolutely amazing drive down Ortega Highway through the mountains and then the desert to Palm Springs, and then on to Joshua Tree.

Main photos include the Sinatra House, Neutra's Kaffman house... we bought an amazing bunhc of vintage postcards and matchbooks. A hot day, 115 degree at peak, so it was top up in the Mustang all day. A friend told us about an amazing mexican cafe near the airport.. this was my ceviche, absolutely fantastic. Yes, I am waering flip flops throughout, I think I've bust my little toe so it's all I can handle. Very interesting in the Joshua Tree where all the thorns and spikes on the scrub floor penetrate straight thru the soles!

raw_zps9e332427.jpg

PTinjeans_zps15f3aaf3.jpg

Mustang_zps7e896128.jpg

[/url]

rockets_zps48b9b595.jpg

sinatra_zps83f66929.jpg

ceviche_zps394a119f.jpg

[url=http://s41.photobucket.com/user/greenwichpaul/media/Dirty%20Dozen/sinatra_zps83f66929.jpg.html]

Edited by Paul T

paul hows the sizing and inseam? did it shrink to your liking specially the inseam?

Thanks for all the compliments, folks. I'm holding off on posting any more pix until other people get theirs, to avoid driving people crazy! But you'll be pleased to know I did the first tv interview (nothing too glamorous, only local) for my forthcoming book wearing these beasties. Wednesday I'll be off camping in the Volvo and probabyl in the British rain...

As I was away when they arrived I didn't measure them, just soaked, washed at medium temp (in one of your fab American toploader machines) and actually wore them until they were more or less dry. I reckon they lost a minimum two inches in length; seat and thighs shrank noticeably but the waist has probably stretched out fully. Shape is pretty much exactly what I'd want form a 50s pair.

I'm sure you will all be fine if you go with your regular japanese jeans size, or even if you've sized down by an inch. They're looking great so far, a fair bit of fluff on them, and I have a loom fault right across one thigh, pretty much like the one i had on my contest Roy X Cone.

Edited by Paul T