TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

^Congrats. Noticed they sunk to the "SOLD" area of my watchlist. ;)

Thought about buying them myself of course, but that would've been greedy with the 50s coming in and so many other pairs already neglected at present...

Enjoy em!

Nice one for mentioning them in the post, I would have never even thought of looking for them myself, for some reason, probably my own stupidity. Anyway they look barely used and are there or there abouts a perfect size for me and they were fairly cheap too, all things considered. I feel their 50's cut might just be a bit too full for me.

$_57.JPG?rt=nc

$_57.JPG?rt=nc

$_57.JPG?rt=nc

$_57.JPG?rt=nc

No I don't think those will be the 50's pair tabs.

Those should be a replica of the orange tabs of the 606 model. I believe Hajime is planning to make a replica of the iconic 606 cut.

The contest pair will feature the usual rayon red tab, I believe.

Yeah, me too! Meanwhile I am working hard on the TCB 60's, the more I wash and wear them and the more incredible they look... I feel the 50's fabric will fade even better. It's going to be an epic contest, I foresee some legendary fades!

Yeah, me too! Meanwhile I am working hard on the TCB 60's, the more I wash and wear them and the more incredible they look... I feel the 50's fabric will fade even better. It's going to be an epic contest, I foresee some legendary fades!

I like the sound of how good those TCB 60's are getting along. I'm looking forward to getting mine so I can inevitably regret not getting involved in the 50's contest.

^501, you can still join! ;) The 50's aren't all that much wider than the 60's in my opinion and we could all do well with a looser cut! ;)

Yes, but we could all do with owning less jeans as well, blasphemy I know, but I will see how I get on with these 60's version first and I won't have to wait very long as they arrived this morning. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

First impression is that the guy who owned these before me didn't put these anywhere near water as they are still very stiff and have that familiar, almost waxy feel of raw Denim and no sign of the indigo stains on the inside that you usually get after a soak or wash. Also, no tell tale leg twist, so I think I definitely got a bargain here. Thanks again Coldstorage. I'll post more after I do my thing with them but just to show they are an authentic Japanese Denim Brand...

Nice touch with the grammar... :cool: :cool: :cool:

$_57.JPG?rt=nc

I read somewhere above that Volvo owners prefer TCB these days - so I decided to join...

Good man!

Tell us more about your Volvo, too! Is it an oldtimer?

A man of your stature must drive an old one! Ahah!

Indeed - she did restoration and paint job herself - 2 racing stripes in gold glitter (visible when the sunlight gets reflected on the hood &roof)...

^ foxy, a woman of the stature of your wife should definitely join the contest then!

Believe me - I tried...

She has a pair of IH which she hardly wears...

Not into denim, certainly not raw denim - not easy to find a good fit for her.