What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Just noticed that those don't have pockets along the waist band, which I can't live without.

Current jacket I have (1969 Gap raw), on the inside the pockets form another pocket. Kind of hard to explain, kind of like inside a suit, best way I can explain it. Would love to have another jacket with that as I haul everything in those inside pockets, has great depth.

Mega: I was looking at this one 

http://pants-shop-avenue.com/item/SC11953N/

Looking for something a little bit cheaper, but in the fall time that price point might change. But I do like the Samurai ones from 2nd. But do want to see what Railcar is going to come out with in the fall.

I have that same jacket, it runs really short in the torso, very vintage boxish fit I sized one down. That may not be an option for you if you're on the bigger side, I'm short and muscular so I fill out the jacket and the length isn't a problem. Hope that helps 

Hmmm, need something with a little bit of length. I'm around 6'. I also have quite small arms, so ned something with a bit smaller arms.  But the no pockets deal really kills it for me.

But thanks, does help.

Well it does have double chest pockets. Lack of hand pockets is a much welcomed detail in my opinion, kinda fits into the SC aesthetic since they try to stay pretty true to vintage. Front pockets on a type II or a type I would just look silly in my opinion. But yeah I would look at some of the Typ III offerings, since you're more likely to find something close using that model as a base.

Edited by Rightyow77

I'm guilty too Jared, you will not be disappointed with the ByBeatle jeans, I saw Beatles pair at her house a few weeks ago and they look great, both those and the IH's are a solid choice man.

Haha. No worries guys. I am psyched to see the ByBeatle in person. She says it's all about the fabric and for me, that's the most important detail in any jean.

So im looking for a denim jacket right now.

I've been looking at the Momotaro for a while now.

http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/momotaro-jeans/products/momotaro-denim-jacket

But also the Indigofera jacket that I really like, but it's a little too short for my taste.

http://sivletto.com/system/search/product.asp?id=8806&m=153&c=426&page=1&rnum=1

Do you have any other suggestions? I'm looking for something a little longer and tighter type of jacket.

after 3-4 months of commuting 2 hours a day in this traffic on my motorbike:

8966118688_7d8fe16565_z.jpg

gonna wash my duck jacket soon. better get some pre-wash pics up (it came rinsed from the store):

8964455255_92affde817_z.jpg

this "pike jacket" is a "proto"-type and as far as i know never went into full production:

8964465423_e302182537_z.jpg

i like the way the inside top of the two front pockets curve in harmony with the outside top:

8964522181_4a338bf3d9_z.jpg

8964528861_d7a1c2d80c_z.jpg

^ a bit of sun fade already on the way.

love the cinchback shape and the four-piece curved waistband (they reflect the aforementioned curves on the pockets). you can see where the waistband connects in the middle:

8965741274_ca8770a29e_z.jpg

the vertical lines on the back are actually pleats:

8965750954_f12c1dee96_z.jpg

8964568141_459f1030f0_z.jpg

as if it wasn't too obvious already, the jacket is from rising sun:

8964578901_38589287f8_z.jpg
^ the red bits are the selvedge line of the fabric (cone, cmiiw).

i also love the old "pasadena" buttons from when the shop was still located there. their newer buttons now say "l.a., calif.":

8965731472_342e50edba_z.jpg

Edited by oomslokop

OK, after the Rising Sun Ranch Hand jacket that appeared in the Warehouse thread and now this, I am offically into to Rising Sun jackets. :D

Really nice 40's vibe to most of their stuff but the jackets are just great.

Edited by 501XX4EVER