What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Which jacket are you looking at, and in which size? Although its generally a bit small in nearly every dimension, the shoulder opening is not constraining on my size 42 samurai. I'm not really petite either, 6' 195lbs

If you're talking about the S0553XX I got a 42 and I'd say it's actually more like a 40. It's a great fit on me, I've had it over a year now and wear it to the office pretty much every day at least 4-5x a week and it's really starting to look awesome.

I asked this question on a couple of other threads, but just to be completely annoying, I'll ask here as well. Does anyone have a The Flat Head Type I, 6001 W? Or if not maybe even post pics of other Japanese Type 1 jackets you'd recommend. Thanks.

/\ Might as well post it in here as well as the FH thread, disappointing that no-one has addressed it.

Actually it's a shame the lack of interest this thread gets outside of a few recent interesting posts.

To me the FH 6001 is at the higher end of the scale at 31k yen and I'm not sure I'd want to spend that much on a jacket. I'm still looking into this - and anyway am probably after a 3rd type / type III - but at that higher end of the scale from the regular known brands I'd have thought they're all pretty much comparable, but here's a few too be getting on with;

Full Count 2107 / 2737 / 2771

Warehouse 2101

Samurai S551

Studio D'Artisan DB-431 / DO1J-30

Denime 506

Joe McCoy 921

In some cases not all of these are still really available, which means tracking down old and/or discontinued stock.

There are plenty others of course - if you're looking, try a generic search on Rakuten or Yahoo Auctions Japan, but using '1st type' instead of 'type I' as they're more often listed as such I found.

Then of course there is the Forty Niners brand 'One Piece of Rock' model 406xx, and the Deluxeware DX401XX - both 1st type, ... and FreeWheelers lot 506XX .. it goes on!

Regarding 3rd type / type III - I quite like the look of the Joe McCoy MJ12035 / Lot.927.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking online and I can only really find pictures of the Full Count and the Samurai stuff. The Full Count looks nice and as much as I like the Samurai jackets, there is just something I don't like about the pockets & buttons, can't quite put my finger on it, but to me they just look a bit wrong.

The Flat Head appealed as it looked good on the DC4 website but on Rakuten it looks slightly less so and as there is zero chance of me seeing one in the flesh before I buy, that is all I have to go on, hence asking questions here. But you're right, for the kind of money they're asking, it's not really a purchase you're going to make on a whim.

I'd be a bit paranoid using Rakuten or Yahoo Auctions Japan, as I really don't like getting f'ed in the A by Customs.

With regard Type III's, I have had both good and bad luck with some of the Vintage Levi's Big E and LVC one's I've bought, good luck in that I got some really nice, excellent fit Jackets cheaply and bad in that I overpaid for some OK ones that don't fit so great. :rolleyes:

I have seen a nice raw Flat Head Type III, very basic, no frills like most of their stuff but again, quite expensive. I also like the Iron Heart Black 21oz Type III.

I think the problem with this thread is it should be called "What about Denim Jackets" not "What about Jeans Jackets", I hate the term Jean/s Jacket, it's just wrong. :P

I was looking through a different places yesterday for a jacket after seeing the 25ox Samurai jacket, had some problem with pockets that you do, and came across this one. It is a type II jacket, but the price is nice and can't go wrong with Sugar Cane. The price is nice at 15,540 yen. Will strongly consider getting this in the fall.

SC11953-1.jpg

link for purchase http://pants-shop-avenue.com/item/SC11953N/

Edited by bradl

I'm not an era-conscious person when it comes to pairing my jacket with my jeans. I live now when I can mix and match what I like from any era.

That being said, I have an SDA DB-430 Type III that I love. I got it in a 38 and pit-to-pit it measures 21". I'm currently looking at a Sugar Cane 1953 Type II. Rakuten has a 40 in stock that they say measures just about 21" from the same point. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Jeans I know well enough to not need advice on sizing, but I only have one denim jacket so if anyone can provide insight, it would be much appreciated.

I was looking through a different places yesterday for a jacket after seeing the 25ox Samurai jacket, had some problem with pockets that you do, and came across this one. It is a type II jacket, but the price is nice and can't go wrong with Sugar Cane. The price is nice at 15,540 yen. Will strongly consider getting this in the fall.

SC11953-1.jpg

link for purchase http://pants-shop-avenue.com/item/SC11953N/

Yes, that's a nice one alright and the pockets don't look so puffy. I like the look of the collar as well, looks slightly bigger than average. I guess they must have done a Type I at some stage too???

Got my Samurai S0553XX today. Bought from Yuichi, the last size 44 Samurai had in their stock.

The one-wash treatment was pretty harsh to the leather patch. The denim looks fine though

8738007263_e63d09c186_c.jpg

shoulder: 19"

p2p: 21"

sleeve: 24,875"

length: < 26"

fit pics to follow. fit is very snug. I can't believe Quoise is pulling of a size 42 :P;)

^Yeah, I was wearing my HWDC2 tee yesterday. I mistakenly got it in M and it too is a tad long. Rolling with the jacket open is a suitable solution. I think that length looks great.