What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Got my Samurai S0553XX today. Bought from Yuichi, the last size 44 Samurai had in their stock.

The one-wash treatment was pretty harsh to the leather patch. The denim looks fine though

shoulder: 19"

p2p: 21"

sleeve: 24,875"

length: < 26"

fit pics to follow. fit is very snug. I can't believe Quoise is pulling of a size 42 :P;)

Hmmmm...I went back and looked at the measurements on my 42 and they are pretty much the same as the ones on your 44, though we may not have measured exactly the same. Was this lot 14? It seems sizing on Samurai has been a bit off on the recent lots of their jeans, maybe jackets are similar?

In any case the fit looks good, and except from the back when buttoned I can't tell it's tight.

Thanks Marcus!

Mine are from Lot.15 (which confuses me a bit as I thought Samurai does only one run of jackets per year/announcement)

We will see how much they stretch (if much at all).

I  used the BiG methode and my measurements are pretty similar to theirs :)

Great fits on the jackets both b_F and Jared Lee.

I like a type III to fit trim and on the snug side.

The Samurai does run very small for a 44, glad for you the sizing worked out fine.

I wonder why Samurai washes all their jackets while they normally sell all the jeans in raw state, i would prefer it if the jacket would be unwashed personally.

thanks M!ch!

In regards to he poor leather patch I agree with you :D

But then it's easier with the sizing. I don't think they will shrink much more from that point. Looks like they are shrink from tag size with their jackets. A size 46 was only available at BiG, AFAIK

Thanks for these pics, guys. Makes me feel much better about the length of my jacket. I've actually gone back to tucking in my shirt and wearing a belt on the days I wear my jacket.

But then it's easier with the sizing. I don't think they will shrink much more from that point. Looks like they are shrink from tag size with their jackets.

Must be the reason, but same would go for the jeans, when they'd pre-wash those they would also be easier to size ;)

Still i prefer raw because it would let me play with the sizing and fit, according to how loose or tight the jacket would be, you'll able to do a cold soak/ hot soak/ wash/ spin in the dryer or even wear it raw.

With a pre washed jacket all the shrinkage is out so it either fits great or it just doesn't fit.

Had this DenimJunkie jacket for ages now, very resistant to fading but I love the green tint.

Apologies for the quality of pics and my sloppy-looking self, rainstorm hit me just on the last few hundred metres home!

photo2_zpsaeca015e.jpg

photo1_zps94bccafb.jpg

Edited by Aries

I always loved D/J's stuff!

Not the best fading denim but his eye for details is second to none! Would love to see a comback of his stuff. Too bad it might never happen.

edit: that said, someone has a size 4 or 5 in the DJ-501XX or DJ-501XX heavy lying around?! :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Super great updates over the last months

^And this Lee jacket is really awesome

A member of the German music group Spliff had one of those jackets as well over 30 years ago (picture taken out of an old Bravo magazine from Germany and already quite well worn):

2013-05-16%252022.42.46-Lee%2520Jacke%25

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

I just took my weekly trip to the BiG website and saw a Samurai Type I made out of the 17oz zero denim.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=13244&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

If only I needed another denim jacket now...

I'm beginning to think that investing yourself into 1 denim jacket may be even more rewarding that making the same commitment to a pair of jeans. The break in and and evo takes so much longer, and the pay off can look simply amazing.

I will be now be doing this personally, don't worry, no contest required  ;)

Edited by Megatron1505

^ i would go through ironheart.co.uk, not only will you get amazing service and easy ordering, determining the your size cannot be easier.