What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

I got a box in the mail yesterday from Levi's.. it's a limited version of their Made in USA (San Francisco) Type III jacket with the Pendleton lining that's fully removable. Unfortunately it's a hard-washed version. Fits me perfectly though, tempted to wear it even though i haven't worn anything hardwashed in many years, photos will come once i'm back home from Tahoe.

i have that exact same wrangler jacket actually... should be very early 70s. i got it from my step father, who told me it was his from high school, but its not that old... probably his from college. either way, yours looks much better than mine... mine is washed down to a pale blue... with some really strange fading on it.

Real cowboys wear Wranglers or Levis 517s (slim to tight), and wouldn't wear a $150 denim jacket. Nice try though with that image Levi's.

this.

i grew up in a pretty big agtown that was known for its produce and annual rodeos.

Cowboys, both mexican and white, wear ass tight lees or wranglers.

it was written.

Hello all. This jacket belonged to my father when he was in high school. I would love to keep it, but it's a size 38 and I'm 6'2. In order to sell it I need to know what it is, so any info would be greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Yo why not keep it? Maybe you'll have a kid who'll be size 38 (at least at some point in his/her life), and think how SUPER stoked that kid would be to rock his/her grandfather's vintage Wrangler jacket from when he was in highschool.

• 2 weeks later...

They got all the right details, too. Cats eye buttons, Talon zip, and the 'more blue' hickory stripe.

It looks like they did a whole line of repros then. More to look out for. Too bad they seem to be just kid stuff now. Shades of Osh Kosh.

Picked this up gratis from my friends shop today . Repro Levi 557 made for Japanese market in 1997 . Amazing condition , whoever owned this really looked after it. It's marked 38 but fits more like a 40 and I just about get away with it . So might keep it . Having had all three Levi repro jackets , must say the 557 is the best in my opinion .

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-4.jpg

Just a heads up...not the nicest but I picked up a Levi's Type 3 (the selvage model that goes for $128) today for 50% off in store...I believe all outerwear is 50% off and was going to get a Pendleton jacket as well but passed on it for now...

the Filson and Pendleton Collaborations are not part of the 50% off. :(

But the Levi's 201's are all $39 right now!

the Filson and Pendleton Collaborations are not part of the 50% off. :(

But the Levi's 201's are all $39 right now!

Thanks for the heads up...I was misinformed by a sales rep then but had I been corrected at the register I would've fought for it! lol

anyone wanna give a head up on what different versions of 201 are in store. The closest Levis store is 6hrs away, I buy everything sight unseen. I just returned a pair of the green/chambray lined 201 because when i recieved them i did feel the i could deal with the low rise for $98, but $39...?

anyone wanna give a head up on what different versions of 201 are in store. The closest Levis store is 6hrs away, I buy everything sight unseen. I just returned a pair of the green/chambray lined 201 because when i recieved them i did feel the i could deal with the low rise for $98, but $39...?

Sure thing.

They have a black pair that look like over dyed black jeans. Super jet black, no lining. Nice for someone not wanting to have a slim black jean. I usually wear a 32 in most jeans, LVC included, but in these I size down to a 30 waist and they fit great.

They have a reddish brown pair very similar to the LVC 1873 duck pants. They are also unlined. These are my favorite. I would also size down 2 sizes for these for the slimmer fit/ proper fitting waist.

They have a pair made of very heavy khaki twill. The fabric is super thick, the color is great. Unfortunately they are very distressed with a few large holes. I really liked these, but hated the holes. I would have only sized down one for these.

They have a black denim with plaid flannel lining. These are a shiny "raw" looking black jean, as opposed to the over-dyed black 201's. These I would only size down 1 on as the lining makes them fit tighter.

And lastly the 201's in Selvedge denim. I didn't try these on, but I heard they run big as the rest. Not sure if you should size down one or not with these. I guess it depends on what fit you want.

I'm ordering the green wool pair Thursday to get them for the $39 price . They look amazing in person.

• 2 weeks later...
Wrangler early 70's (I think?) 124MJ

Wranglerfront-1-1.jpg

Wranglersleeve-1.jpg

Wrangler.jpg

I've got just about the same one, in similar condition. I actually like the way it fits, and having the extra pockets is helpful. Looks good.

DSC02933.jpg

Good score Hooligan,

They're a real nice fit aren't they? And nice denim too. Definitely one of my favourites.

I go from my big E type 3 to the wrangler. The lee is not as comfortable for me as the levi and wrangler.

Alright guys, i could use some help dating this jacket my friend picked up. It's got a few nice details that i think you'll enjoy.

Looks deadstock, the denim is still pretty stiff, 2nd picture shows where it looks like the original tag was.

PC220014.jpg

PC220024.jpg

PC220022.jpg

Faded "Roebucks" tag

PC220018.jpg

The interesting parts. What appears to be chainstitch run-off at the inner waistband and sleeves!

PC220021.jpg

PC220019.jpg

Any info you guys have would be appreciated.