What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

regarding the levis jacket I posted earlier, the number on the back of the buttons is 52. can anyone help me figure out when/where it was made?

523, 524, 525, and 526 are usually made between 1972-1982 from my limited experience.

Paul T would be the man to ask:) .

@crownzip

Thanks for the kind words.

You gonna pull the trigger on one too?

Received my Levi's black denim jean jacket that I bought off eBay for 15$ cdn yesterday.

My guess, the jacket's from the 80's or early 90's since I don't think Levi's even started making black jackets until then. Paul T would know for sure.

It's in good shape minus some amount of machine washing, but good wear in general.

I wrote down some info from the tags, you can see photos a few pages back from the auction.

small rectangular levi's neck area patch - 71506 0259 and the size, 42L

inside small tag on the left hand side pocket area - 239 S 34 and then on the line below

125 and 527

All the buttons have 527 it looks like on them.

Also on the inside tag it says wash before wearing, kind of a cool footnote.

Made in the USA.

• 2 weeks later...
XPOST...

I've been contemplating on cutting the sleeves off my cheap jean jacket, as I think I would wear it more like a vest than a canadian tux...

Anyone else do this? contemplating how I should cut the sleeves though...should I take it in to a tailor or do it myself. thoughts...

to me a true jean vest is a "biker style" just rip off the sleeves and let it fray where it wants to. Of course you need the attitude to wear a biker denim vest too..

do u guys who have new jean jackets worry about them staining clothes underneath?

never. it doesnt really do that much damage, cept it does eat up the back of your shirts and creates little bits of fabric to come up. but your clothes remain mostly unharmed.

S0555VX arrived today. Some folks requested fit pic:

5672591319_6d77416e54_z.jpg

It's shitty and rainy out, so maybe some day soon I'll get a more natural shot. It fits great, though. I'm normally a 40 long, I got the 42 and plan to only do cold water soaks.

Ack, I thought it was a picture of me for a second.

I've got a Levis Type 1 (not LVC) and it always seemed a little long for some reason. Yours seems to have the proper short jacket fit, and has one less button. Dang, now I'm going to keep thinking they messed up the proportions on mine.