WAYWT? [Denim Version] 2013

#GRAY

This is a triumphant day for me! I have not been able to fit into any of my jeans lately (I got a bit out of shape!) but i have been cycling to work again and shedding a bit of weight and I can finally rock my s710's!!

Aero leather 50's halfbelt

Cheapy shirt (I think it was from ASDA!!!)

Samurai S710 (standard 19oz model)

Wolverine 1000 mile boots

Sorry about the daft look on my face, I was mid conversation!!

20131028_101849_zps8190cd51.jpg

20131028_101856_zpsb4c20d05.jpg

Not to be offensive folks, but I'm not a big fan of New Balance.  What's the deal with the trend?  My guess would be that they are good for comfort.  Anybody have opinions or ideas?

New Balance has been huge in Japan for a long time, both as a comfortable shoe for everyday wear and as an icon in many subcultures. What with Engineered Garments, White Mountaineering, and some other of their ilk gaining popularity in the west, NB has gained as well due to the prevalent use of their more retro and outdoorsy looking designs in lookbooks or collabs. Saucony is pretty prevalent over there as well, but hasn't crossed over to the west as much.

There's also the sneakerhead following, which is much smaller than Nike or Adidas, but there are dedicated NB collectors who have gotten into selvage denim over the past 5-6 years as it has spread across just about every fashion forum.

Personally, I find almost all other sneakers to be too narrow and insubstantial, so in the rare event I'm wearing sneakers, it's NB classics.

bunta05.jpg

j crew

skull 

nb 574

Edited by Planetarium

looking great, Obbigood

Not to be offensive folks, but I'm not a big fan of New Balance.  What's the deal with the trend?  My guess would be that they are good for comfort.  Anybody have opinions or ideas?

I just need something to slip on fast before stepping out of the house carrying a kid on the shoulders while holding the other on an arm you know

Overcast and windy today. It's starting to feel like fall.

Levis Commuter / River Island / Luther's Denim - '66 / Clark's

g3AQVwq.jpg

Very cool looking! :rolleyes::)

Edited by Naoto

bunta05.jpg

j crew

skull 

nb 574

the rest of your post is good but this is rad

jussayin

Edited by rockon99

• sufu1 unpinned this topic