ShAraLeEe

UES Denim

28 minutes ago, JDelage said:

@Cold Summer- IMHO this shirt is too short on you.

I think that's the shirt he was saying he'd sized incorrectly from a few years back... this next one should be a better fit!

7 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Ordered this UES Green Heavy Flannel today. Really excited, looks like a great fabric and should fit well. The two shades of green look great, and I like the contrast of the salmon-colored stripes.

I had one UES flannel about four years ago and it was a great looking shirt, but about a size too small. I got a 2/Medium, when I should've gotten a 3. Didn't help that this was back when I was trying to squeeze into the slimmest-fitting clothes I could manage.

Shirt.thumb.jpg.675a5aa96dac8945d7c0c27dee9fa6c1.jpg

Hi! I am currently looking for one of these beauty, but hesitating between size 2 and 3. For information, what are your size and weight please? (Even if apparently we dont't have the same morphology :-D. And btw, nice amp! ;-))

9 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Ordered this UES Green Heavy Flannel today. Really excited, looks like a great fabric and should fit well. The two shades of green look great, and I like the contrast of the salmon-colored stripes.

That’s a nice color combo. Torn between the green and the red flannel. 

Yep, that's my old shirt that I sold years ago. It was definitely too short, the new one ought to be just the right length.

I'm about 6'3" / 170 lbs. I don't have the amp anymore, I use a Line 6 Helix for all my amplification needs these days. :P

Ah, got it. Doh. It must be a challenge to find clothes that fit you well.

Yeah, these days I usually just suck it up and deal with looser-fitting shirts to get sleeves and a hem that are actually the right length for me. I find that it rarely looks sloppy on me, so it seems to be working.

On 9/6/2020 at 2:27 PM, JDelage said:

Selling this Heavy (orange plaid #501752) if anyone’s interested.

Measurements are: sh.: 18.5”, p2p 22.8”, length 29”, sleeves: 25.5”.

0B088340-7BC9-4C27-811B-F0FD851BD5CE.jpeg

On eBay here, fyi: http://ebay.us/gzRMH2?cmpnId=5338273189

On 9/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, Cold Summer said:

Yep, that's my old shirt that I sold years ago. It was definitely too short, the new one ought to be just the right length.

I'm about 6'3" / 170 lbs. I don't have the amp anymore, I use a Line 6 Helix for all my amplification needs these days. :P

Thanks, size 2 should be fine on my 174cm / 69kg!

I’m on the fence about getting a UES flannel, but based on most fit pics, it looks like they are narrow in the torso like most Flat Head shirts, and I’m trying to move away from too slim. Is this the case with their shirts? 

I don't have a flannel, but own a wabash workshirt and assume the fits are similar. It is quite slim in the torso. I bought a size 3, but probably could have sized up to 4. It fits perfectly, but feels like it's on the edge for me. 

1 hour ago, Dan_F said:

I’m on the fence about getting a UES flannel, but based on most fit pics, it looks like they are narrow in the torso like most Flat Head shirts, and I’m trying to move away from too slim. Is this the case with their shirts? 

They're nothing like Flat Head. My size 4 heavy has 18.5" shoulders and 22.75" pit-to-pit, which is on the regular / relaxed side of things. My TFH flannel has 20" shoulders for a 22.5" p2p.

They’re def. slim, but nowhere near TFH levels of slim 

@Dan_F, I posted direct comparison photos between Ues and TFH flannels a couple pages ago, might be of interest to you

Edited by julian-wolf

^
I appreciate that. It does look more forgiving than Flat Head shirts.

After getting reassurance on sizing from @julian-wolf and @JDelage I decided to pull the trigger on an extra heavy flannel ($210 shipped from Withered Fig). I’m really pleased with it, I’d go as far as to say UES are my new favorite flannels based on just this one. I bought a large, one size up from my usual medium, and the fit is perfect, though about 2ish centimeters longer than I prefer. It’s not a problem, and I’ll likely tuck it in most of the time anyway. The photos don’t do the colors justice. It’s also really hefty. I once owned an iron heart ultra heavy flannel (maroon and cream block check), and this flannel feels just as thick and warm to me, if there’s a difference, I can’t tell. The brushed interior is soft, and make this thing pajama comfortable. 
(cat plopped down on it as soon as I put it down to take pics)

1CE1EC85-0382-4510-AFBC-1723DA0B1B8D.jpeg

63278F4D-127D-4884-8939-EDEF36613051.jpeg

20CAB63D-B7C0-4766-8860-86AD26B58940.jpeg

D1A527DB-EBB3-449F-8C47-6F6FF9FC3EA6.jpeg

^ That's nice! I'm still debating whether to get the green or the red one - they're both great looking.

Edit: I ended up getting the red one from Rivet&Hide. A tad expensive but I want to check their sizing out before ordering from JP.

Edited by Ar_thor

So, I got my shirt from Rivet&Hide today (super fast shipping and great service). Compared to IH UHF I'd say this feels less dense but have more of a vintage feel to it. I'm interested in seeing how this will perform when taken outside properly as the only reason getting a flannel this heavy is to keep warm.

Lovely shirt well worth what I paid but I'll look into getting them from Japan next time to save some.