Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

the 78 in brown

hoggreaser, your pair somehow looks more slim than my pair did; mine looked like the ugly duckling

don't get me wrong; construction was top notch but they won't win any beauty contest soon

8302468525_87789f9c91.jpg

IMG_3662 by SLAB13, on Flickr

Red Stripe Crucial Brew (black 330ml can) was the popular strong lager of choice in my student days in Manchester. They even used to sell it at the Hacienda - basically a gentrified tramp juice. A friend of mine would mix it half and half with barley wine before going out - that was getting into the realms of home chemistry experimentation as far as I was concerned - a science genius!

I too have enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, a life of simple joys in middle england. In a town quaintly referred to in the national press as "smack town", and "The fourth most depressing place in England"....lovely.

Edited by Megatron1505

I also indulged in a lot of chemistry experimentation in the 90,s mainly of the 3 letter kind though.

Mega, I thought Notts was the "gun crime capital of the north"?

To be fair to the thread, Nottingham is also the Boots capital of England.

Red Stripe Crucial Brew (black 330ml can) was the popular strong lager of choice in my student days in Manchester. They even used to sell it at the Hacienda - basically a gentrified tramp juice. A friend of mine would mix it half and half with barley wine before going out - that was getting into the realms of home chemistry experimentation as far as I was concerned - a science genius!

Finally, someone else who remembers bloody Crucial Brew! Even the Jamaicans who sold it in Brum thought it was loopy juice...obviously, tasted a lot nicer when a more genteel mixer was added. Like K Cider. Maybe Diamond White. Or 20/20. Wankered within fifteen minutes...

Recently got my latest SDs from bakers.

Now, they are almost made according to spec.

Everything fine and dandy except for the mid sole. Its double instead of single.

What to do? I cant decide. Its not that I hate the looks of them. (and double is more expensive and will probably last longer)

Classic Dress Boot by White's - 2332-461

Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks

Sole Commando Mini Lug Half Sole

Size - Length 9

Heel Lifts 1/4" Lower

Edge Brown

Upper (Shaft) Leather #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween

Midsole Single

Pull Loops No Thanks

Last Classic 461 Last

Sole Trim Close Trim

Toe Vamp Leather #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween

Size - Width D (medium)

Toe Cap Medallion Dress Toe Cap

Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler)

photo_1.jpg

i thought the commando sole was actually a thinner leather sole with the rubber tread portion already attached to it, so it appears like a double. I might be misunderstanding the issue though...

Thats how I understood it as well (mine actually has the commando too as it might be hard to see in shitty phone pic):

Side%20View%20Edited%20V%20%201.jpg

Edited by denimjunky

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...