Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

All you northerners should make a new northern thread for inane Yorkshire banter. I know you yorkshiremen are the "salt of the earth" etc but us more civilised countrymen aren't really interested in pie and gravy discussion and the finer details of intra-regional rivalry.

You guys will love this- I was over at my buddies shop and found a pair of old chippewas under a pile of junk. They were completely trashed and he said he had no idea how long they were out there. I soaked them in water for about 10 mins, got about a pound of dirt and leaves off of them. Dried theem out, gave them a layer of shea butter, giving them the second coat right now, then a coat of mutton tallow and beeswax later today. No idea when they are from but the sole is a modern Vibram with taps so they have been to the cobler.

Pics soon, hope i found some really rare shit!!!

bbcapone, what does the tag look like? It can be failry easy to identify how old a pair of Chippewas are based on the tag, a stamped logo (or lack thereof), and the interior color of the leather.

Oldest tag circa 1930s to 1950s:

6299463560_cab5faed6a_z.jpg

Next tag circa 1950s to 1970s:

6419600723_6c443a66e5_z.jpg

The non-woven black tags all date from late 1970s to the very early 1990s, and the white tag is essentially completely modern and dates a pair to no more than 20 or so years old at the absolute oldest.

CIMG3334_zps341956ba.jpg

CIMG3333_zpseba17f26.jpg

CIMG3331_zps317ba6b4.jpg

CIMG3330_zps8f92affe.jpg

CIMG3328_zps1f53caff.jpg

CIMG3326_zps5b2854f0.jpg

CIMG3323_zpsa189a8f4.jpg

CIMG3322_zps483b60d4.jpg

I cant really capture the leather color very well. Check out how low the toe profile is, pure sex.

They are too small for me so if anyone is interested in a fantasticly patina'd size 11d PM me.

Edited by bbcapone

Bbcapone- ya, that pair may not even be five years old. That model hasn't been produced for very long, and based on how often they show up on eBay, and how cheaply they pop up, they are not very popular.

If you could get someone to give you $20 for them, jump on it.

Bbcapone- ya, that pair may not even be five years old. That model hasn't been produced for very long, and based on how often they show up on eBay, and how cheaply they pop up, they are not very popular.

If you could get someone to give you $20 for them, jump on it.

Awww man what a crok. I was hoping i found some next level shit. Like some early 1900's levis that they pulled out of a copper mine.

Oh well, they still have a fantastic patina on em, wish they fit so i could use them for bike beaters.

Thanks for the help ray, friended.

Also notice that the shift pad is on both sides, kinda confused, I have never seen a shift on the right side.

Edited by bbcapone

Are those even worn a single day?

The Real McCoys N-1 Field Boot.

WW2 Navy 3years in Research and Development.

n1b1.jpg?w=497

n1b21.jpg?w=497

Images Courtasy of m1-pencil. http://m1pencil.word...mc-photo-album/

n1b3.jpg?w=497

Shredded Cord and Rubber mix Sole, took months just to get the mix working to perfection.

Available for pre-order.

Not sure if these qualify as "shoes that look better with age" unless they were really bad when new

Them's is fugly

Awww man what a crok. I was hoping i found some next level shit. Like some early 1900's levis that they pulled out of a copper mine.

Oh well, they still have a fantastic patina on em, wish they fit so i could use them for bike beaters.

Thanks for the help ray, friended.

Also notice that the shift pad is on both sides, kinda confused, I have never seen a shift on the right side.

Edited by scmah174

Not sure if these qualify as "shoes that look better with age" unless they were really bad when new

Them's is fugly

Dont be a prick, I was asking our more knowlegeable members what and when they were from. Exactly the reason this forum was created. Trust me you wont hear from them again.

and scmah- fuck you on principle. We, in our colletive hobby, absolutely thrive on what for 90% of the time was considerd "fugly"

Go ask if a fucking coal miner or a Hells angel if he gives a shit what you think is fashionable.

You accidently clicked the "superdenim" part of this site. If you arent into it, hit thtat X in the right corner and stop gumming up a great thread.

Them's is fugly

Dont be a prick, I was asking our more knowlegeable members what and when they were from. Exactly the reason this forum was created. Trust me you wont hear from them again.

and scmah- fuck you on principle. We, in our colletive hobby, absolutely thrive on what for 90% of the time was considerd "fugly"

Go ask if a fucking coal miner or a Hells angel if he gives a shit what you think is fashionable.

You accidently clicked the "superdenim" part of this site. If you arent into it, hit thtat X in the right corner and stop gumming up a great thread.

Settle down. He's expressing an opinion about a pair of shoes you found in someone's back yard. You have no stake in these at all.

And he's right, they are incredibly ugly. They look like an abomination of a hybrid between an engineer boot and a protective motocross boot, and yet they don't seem serve either function very well. Plus, they have velcro straps. Not features I look for in any footwear.

As far as your comment about fashion, and gumming up a thread, I think you should consider your own advice. You're lashing out at people for expressing opinions. If you are entitled to your opinion that those boots are "pure sex," then he is entitled to his opinion that they are "fugly." There's no need to lose your mind when someone expresses an opposing view.

In other news, I'm giving 2-1 odds that this thread simply becomes a conversation between hoggreaser and double-0 within the next two weeks. Even money if it turns out that they are both just additional usernames created by Maynard and we all got Manti Te'od. If the thread gets back on track: 100-1.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...