Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

^^Thanks rayw44, I appreciate the support.

^^Sorry if I pissed you off bbcapone more than u already were. I was wrong about the boots. They're nice.

and scmah- fuck you on principle. We, in our colletive hobby, absolutely thrive on what for 90% of the time was considerd "fugly"

Go ask if a fucking coal miner or a Hells angel if he gives a shit what you think is fashionable.

You accidently clicked the "superdenim" part of this site. If you arent into it, hit thtat X in the right corner and stop gumming up a great thread.

Settle down. He's expressing an opinion about a pair of shoes you found in someone's back yard. You have no stake in these at all.

And he's right, they are incredibly ugly. They look like an abomination of a hybrid between an engineer boot and a protective motocross boot, and yet they don't seem serve either function very well. Plus, they have velcro straps. Not features I look for in any footwear.

As far as your comment about fashion, and gumming up a thread, I think you should consider your own advice. You're lashing out at people for expressing opinions. If you are entitled to your opinion that those boots are "pure sex," then he is entitled to his opinion that they are "fugly." There's no need to lose your mind when someone expresses an opposing view.

In other news, I'm giving 2-1 odds that this thread simply becomes a conversation between hoggreaser and double-0 within the next two weeks. Even money if it turns out that they are both just additional usernames created by Maynard and we all got Manti Te'od. If the thread gets back on track: 100-1.

Ok, Ok. My bad, shitty day. I appologize to whoever that was.

Though I stand by what I said. I dont like Naked and Famous, that dosent mean I go into the N&F thread and say "hey your raspberry denim sucks ass" and dont add any information or pictures or anything relevent at all. If he wants to criticize my boots he can do that over a PM, and not add a absolutely, 100% useless stupid post to our fantastic thread.

Ha ha. I like that the brand is 'Killy'. Honest about how the skin ends up as boots at least. They would pair well with some nice black drop crotch sweat pants and an overly long mesh t-shirt/hoodie combo.

Killy by Wolverine, oddly enough.

You got people wearing that crap on your side of the pond, too? No easier way for a man to emasculate himself than to wear that bollocks and pair it with a fucking fake tan...

I'd be happy to mail you some if you need it.

Thanks for the offer!

As Ironheart stocks it it will probably be easier and quicker for me to get it from them though.

A very timely reminder that it's not just us who distinguishes between the two ;)

(No offence intended; I'm broadly pro-European politically...)

Well, I was born and partly bred in Britain. Though I'm Dutch at heart now that was not always the case. ;)

Edited by Crat

There are special relations between the states and the UK (regarding trade) dating back to the 17th century so I guess its quite fair to make this distinction. Not mentioning all the strange measurement units you two share.

And defence, the intelligence sharing that goes on between the two countries happens on a far greater scale than most people realise. There's far more shared heritage and culture than with France, who are only a couple of dozen miles away at our nearest points.

I suspect that in the incoming era of the global super economies, the UK will have to decide at some point in the future as to whether it becomes part of the United States of Europe or of America in order to compete with the big boys. A few of us were talking about it at work today and I was surprised at how many favoured closer links across the Atlantic instead of the Channel.

I'd have no problems with becoming part of the States as long as we were allowed to have a member of the Royal Family run for President of the US :D :D :D

Regarding Obenauf's LP, started using the stuff in the summer and I rate it although I may well give that Renapur a try once my tub of LP is all used up...might be a while though, as a little goes a looooong way with this...

Crat- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Obenaufs-HD-Heavy-Duty-Leather-Preservative-4-oz-/230910366245?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item35c3549225 This is a cheaper option for you. IH will charge $20 for Euro ship.

If you pm me your address i will post you a zip bag tomorrow will a few spoon fulls of LP then you can try before you buy.

Crat- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Obenaufs-HD-Heavy-Duty-Leather-Preservative-4-oz-/230910366245?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item35c3549225 This is a cheaper option for you. IH will charge $20 for Euro ship.

If you pm me your address i will post you a zip bag tomorrow will a few spoon fulls of LP then you can try before you buy.

This gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

No that was morse who had to return his pair.

i had to repeat my foot tracing because the sizing looked a bit odd. Basically my feet measured a whole size different so they wanted to make sure it was done right.

It all took ages because of the snail mail further complicated by their letter to me being lost between my proxy address in New York and me after they mistakenly sent it there.

My boots are finally on their way to me now.

Their service is good so far for me, but it is a pretty antiquated system.

Seeking guide ...anyone know about this leather..is it red dog...if so is it oil ,silicon or red dog smooth.

Many thanks in advance.

One more important question....standard heel or 90 deg (might be dumb Q) but i got to be sure. Peace :)

The question related to bellow handsome boot.

whites.jpg

Edited by spidereye

It looks like smooth and that is a standard heel.

Ah no wonder I couldn't find it, cheers. I wonder what Morse did about it.

I rather like the fact they were keen to confirm sizing rather than just take it as read, quite reassuring.

Considering a moccasin boot and it was either go Yuketen MG, which I'm still not totally sold on or just go straight for the real deal.

Well I'm a Russell fanboy. So I'd take them over yuks any day. The custom options are endless, I think the best way to start is to email them and get a catalogue and browse rakuten or google images. The good thing is, if you find something you like and can see the number stamped on the inside, you can copy the custom order.

Rakuten shops often seem to photograph this stamp. That's how I chose mine, which I then altered...

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...