Jump to content
kiya

Shoes that look better with age...

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Aye, the south of the north ... you’re practically a midlander :tongue:

If you consider Scotland to be part of northern England then yes, geography was never my strongest suit..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geeman said:

Nothing wrong with the Midlands !

 

I found it amusing that South Holland was quite adamant it didn’t want to be part of Europe - but Lincoln Cathedral is impressive, I’ll give you that ... 

3 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

If you consider Scotland to be part of northern England then yes, geography was never my strongest suit..

I consider Englandshire to be the nether region of Scotland

Edited by Duke Mantee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 10:10 PM, BrownMetallic said:

• Boots conditioned + laces diy-waxed w/ otterwax ... ready for winter wear

• Took delivery of 6pairs of DarnTough ... best socks ever, IMO 264036DE-B437-4EBC-8622-1ADC340DC66C.thumb.jpeg.6be87a1ceab7ecae6dc57752d917f6ff.jpeg971A5FA1-90E1-47E7-8655-EDFFE6DC3089.thumb.jpeg.d952384f6e4dfecffc2bf469ad4022c3.jpeg

 

Viberg 146 “Ironworker”42BD3F49-1549-4DD5-9A27-3125CA91C22D.jpeg

Trickers Malton in C-Shade Goarse6EF378CB-F5F7-4CF8-90E6-A37155AA9A37.thumb.jpeg.4b98282b0622f00e552b312e23211359.jpeg

Viberg Nat. Bison on 1035 last X Stance socks0D170F78-638C-4DFC-ACB6-BA2CDBF5DED1.thumb.jpeg.da705f5061a3ecf2551061d73a5b4492.jpeg

Doing the math while [DUI] on gummies:rolleyes: ... a pair of DarnTough medium cushion crew only cost 6¢/wk ... e.i., @$30 for 10yrs ... but, I usually do my purchase once a year, when they’re on discount ... so they even cost less:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 9:38 AM, BrownMetallic said:

Doing the math while [DUI] on gummies:rolleyes: ... a pair of DarnTough medium cushion crew only cost 6¢/wk ... e.i., @$30 for 10yrs ... but, I usually do my purchase once a year, when they’re on discount ... so they even cost less:)

My oldest pairs are like 4.5 years old now, used for work, and getting real thin in the heel. I should probably send them back for new ones pretty soon. My newest pairs feel so much better and thicker.

Edited by Rob060

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @Rob060 Lifetime warranty:biggrin: ... haven’t tried, but I know of someone who did returned his & got a new pair back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 7:25 PM, Rob060 said:

My oldest pairs are like 4.5 years old now, used for work, and getting real thin in the heel. I should probably send them back for new ones pretty soon. My newest pairs feel so much better and thicker.

It doesn't look to me like they've violated the warranty. They are not guaranteed to never wear out in your lifetime. If you support the brand, be sensible and support the brand.

"Our unconditional lifetime guarantee is simple and without strings or conditions. If our socks are not the most comfortable, durable and best fitting socks you have ever owned, return them for another pair."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

 

 

WESCO DESERVES TO HAVE ITA OWN THREAD HERE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how much are those? and how to size?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait  how do you buy those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe they are around 1350$; add 150$ if you want the super horsehide. Expect to wait two years before delivery though. In any case his boots are worth the wait and the $$$.
I'll be placing my deposit this summer.

Questing regarding White's boots dress leather. Does anyone know if the black dress is dyed through? I would like to make a bounty hunter in black dress but hope to achieve the same patina as with the brown dress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SLAB said:

Questing regarding White's boots dress leather. Does anyone know if the black dress is dyed through? I would like to make a bounty hunter in black dress but hope to achieve the same patina as with the brown dress.

I don't know for certain, but my guess is their black dress leather is dyed completely through to the core. I don't think they'd use a brown-core over-dyed-black type leather for their dress leather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dudewuttheheckSo...Are you going to post your Nick’s boots or not? :laugh2:

Edited by mlwdp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SLAB said:

I believe they are around 1350$; add 150$ if you want the super horsehide. Expect to wait two years before delivery though. In any case his boots are worth the wait and the $$$.
I'll be placing my deposit this summer.

Questing regarding White's boots dress leather. Does anyone know if the black dress is dyed through? I would like to make a bounty hunter in black dress but hope to achieve the same patina as with the brown dress.

Yes, died through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes the  black is dyed thru the brown is overdyed i love the dress leather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dress black leather from whites

9CB7A0D7-0863-40FC-B208-0EC692601944.jpeg

3AFF8936-A59E-463E-B173-D96F71356210.jpeg

85FA63B3-7790-461F-8D61-F6E4D4318C55.jpeg

BE272FE2-FB74-484B-A3B0-3073F19D06A8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dress brown leather 

61861E93-9295-405D-B35E-4AFD63396016.jpeg

34D1C5B7-43E0-4E1D-AEFA-0377CC61F1C0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SLAB

Role Club Underdogs

Got these about 2 years ago and I absolutely love them. 

Got the heel cap replaced a couple months ago and had the edges of the sole sanded down and asked Brian to give them a natural finish. 

Excuse the crappy pics, got in late from work and just had enough time to give these a clean.

Loving the true brown color of the leather poking through.

_DSC4887.jpg

_DSC4890.jpg

_DSC4891.jpg

_DSC4892.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would Wesco’s Black tie domaine be classified as?  Steerhide?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think cow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, will eventually go for dress brown then. Absolutely love the patina that leather gets over time.

@olmecasteve those are stunning. Hope to have a pair of underdogs too in two years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finn Comfort, handcrafted in Germany

IMG_1832

I bought these while holidaying in Euroland about 20yrs ago... i must have been going for that greatly admired geography teacher look :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i use pecards and spahir wax clear thats it pecards to condition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 6:40 AM, SLAB said:

Thanks, will eventually go for dress brown then. Absolutely love the patina that leather gets over time.

@olmecasteve those are stunning. Hope to have a pair of underdogs too in two years!

did you get on his waitlist?

Good for him, bad for us having to wait, but definitely worth the wait. 

These are the most comfortable pair of boots I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now