Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

might not get much of a reply but can anyone recommend me a decent boot company/s for womens boots? Looking to get my gf a nice pair of boots.

This is relevant to my interest. My gf likes my English boots but there is nowhere in SF to try any on for size. She also likes the look of the 1000 miles but again they seem impossible to find. We called Wolverine and they gave us a least of retailers but I think the list wasn't specific to woman's because we checked them out and they all had the man's but not the ladies.

It's frustrating, woman's shoes are built like shit with no thought to them lasting more than a season.

So I´m still looking for a new pair of boots and I appreciate your input.

I´ve currently narrowed my choice to either the Crockett & Jones Coniston or the Alfred Sargent Cambridge.

To me they look extremely alike.

What´s your experience dealing with Alfred Sargent? Quality? Craftmanship? Comfort?

All thoughts are appreciated!

^^Swede Alex, you can't go wrong with either of those makers. C&J are of a slightly higher quality and a little more refined in shape than regular AS (not MTO) but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the workmanship on a pair of AS. I own at least one pair of each and I wear my AS way more often than my C&J, this is because I prefer the more 'country' shape with most of my other clothes.

I'm not much of a fan of two-tone shoes, especially that drastic. I do like that sole that's on there, though. For some reason, that natural heel looks really big -- the light color and/or no midsole going through it perhaps?

Would love to get a pair of SJs in the future, but I don't know if I could go through the agony of waiting for a pair of White's again. It's been brutal.

I don't know if I'm super impatient or what, but this has been the longest five weeks I can recall. And I have another three to go. Hopefully mine ship early, or on time at the absolute latest.

I asked this back in the old STLBWA thread so I'll bring this up again here. Any thoughts on the Whites Hathorn Travelers from Baker's? Haven't really read anything on here other than they look similar to the RW 9011 (IMO).

Cleaning day again… horween shell. usually a light brushing is all the leather needs to bring it back to a shiny luster. I don't even use polish.

shell.jpg

Also some bespoke beauties from G&G. if you ever are looking for some high end mto shoes, i highly recommend G&G. They are a tad more elegant than Edward Green, and they are a very small operation. Prices are the same. Also Dean Girling is a great guy and extremely helpful with explaining the whole manufacturing process. mto takes about 4-5 months. And if you are a baller, you can go full bespoke.

since I'm not a baller, I put my mto order in.

g&g1.jpg

g&g2.jpg

g&g3.jpg

I asked this back in the old STLBWA thread so I'll bring this up again here. Any thoughts on the Whites Hathorn Travelers from Baker's? Haven't really read anything on here other than they look similar to the RW 9011 (IMO).

they are fine boots, but def. a step below the standard White's in terms of quality. The materials and construction are more robust than Red Wings according to my observations.

yup, that classic brown from White's looks really nice; id like to see some other pictures in daylight since the owner of those boots mentioned they actually look darker than on the pictures

put in my order for the William Lennon 78 minus the hobs nails

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...