Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

There is also Ultrasound boots..they can do it I think, just send them a email..It comes out to the same right now with their discount.

nah, Ultrasound can't do the #8 chromexcel, already checked.

We need some japanese source and it seems it's exclusive to them, but the contrary is that it may be pretty expensive. Damn, i want those #8 chromexcel white's so bad....

i finally have not tapered jeans so i can wear engineer boots! is it just me, or did RW USA stop the 2268?

I've had both of my pairs of White's resoled over the past few weeks, so now seems like a fairly good time to post them.

I've posted these a few times before, but I just got a much-needed resole and re-applied Pecard's.

Before:

photo1.jpg

After:

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

man those white's r looking nice as hell...loving the resole-job!

where has this been done btw? outt rep.!

x-posting from wayjdt-thread:

since me and my jeans had a bit time this evening we thought we should try something new...

we thought "what about making a two-tone redwing?" so we grabed my 8138 and went for it...

unfortunately i forgot to take some pics before we started it, so here are just the ones during the whole progress till the end of it...

after a few layers of black shoe creme y'all can see where this is going to end...

bild209c.jpg

bild205l.jpg

bild212.jpg

finished with the first one...

bild214.jpg

bild218.jpg

to cont. ...

cont. from first post...

cont. ...

and finally both of them where ready for a shine and as you can see i've just darkened the side-parts and the top of the moc-toe...the rest is still original 8138...

bild229.jpg

comparing polished- to unpolished boots...

bild241.jpg

bild248m.jpg

finally all laced up and ready to go...

bild270.jpg

bild272x.jpg

bild273.jpg

bild269.jpg

so what ya think of it guys?

maybe i can get some better pics up by tomorrow...

With the removal of the rubber midsole and block heel, these have become far more comfortable in that I'm actually wearing them. Cuban heel/single leather sole is much better suited to french calf.

Before:

photo-9.jpg

After:

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

They don't sell the 2268 in the US anymore, they sell the 2990 instead I think. On eBay or Rakuten they have 2268s.

FUCK! those new ones are hideous.

Those Whites are amazing! Any idea how old they are? Thanks for posting the before and after photos.

I've had both of my pairs of White's resoled over the past few weeks, so now seems like a fairly good time to post them.

I've posted these a few times before, but I just got a much-needed resole and re-applied Pecard's.

Before:

photo1.jpg

After:

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

Thanks! I myself have owned them for a little less than a year, and wore them nearly every day. The boots were originally purchased by Bill, who sold them to a friend of mine, who then sold them to me (they didn't fit him, but the deal was too good to pass up). The leather wasn't treated when I bought them, and they weren't very well-worn to begin with. They're undoubtedly my most loved pair of boots I've owned.

jstavrin +rep for those worn Whites; resoling with cats paws looks great

what a change a sole can make; your french calf Whites look entirely different. Definitely an improvement over the previous sole/heel combo imo

What shoe cream did you use on those redwings?

Just normal shoe creme,the cheapest of the cheapest i guess :P will post pics when I'm at home again...

Loving the two tone effect, ThinFinn...gotta spread the love...

Thx mate...i really love the outcome i have to say!Not too dark compared to the original 8138 color so just perfect imo...

so Whites is keeping all the goodies for the Japanese market

so far:

- #8 burgundy chrome excel

- horsehide

- perforated cap toe

As it happens i would love a semi dress in brown horsehide with a perforated cap toe