Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Yeah, I say keep the sole and taper the heel. I have a pair in brown chromexcel with a single leather sole and block heel that I'm thinking about sending in to have a Vibram 700 added and change the heel shape to the tapered.

How long does White's take on resole type work?

Yeah, I say keep the sole and taper the heel. I have a pair in brown chromexcel with a single leather sole and block heel that I'm thinking about sending in to have a Vibram 700 added and change the heel shape to the tapered.

How long does White's take on resole type work?

Not long. About four weeks for me.

how uch does whites resole?

Do you mean the total cost for a resole, or how much will they do? I had them rebuild and resole a pair of old smokejumpers with a leather sole and it was around $140.

But I would imagine the resole alone is much cheaper. I also know that if you just want a leather sole it is a bit cheaper than the other options.

^ I prefer that natural colored heel on the left. It gives the boot a nice contrast between the upper and the sole and will naturally darken over time. The boot on the right looks a bit tonal to me.

Shait, my SDs are stuck in Spanish customs.

Marked that value is 189Euros. I hope it will fly.

Hope the Spanish customs don´t takes fees like the Swedish. Cause that would be a pricey boot if in Sweden.

Hope no charges though...

Spanish customs loves to charge a lot.

Fucking bastardos.

Fucking lol :D

A quick heads-up for those in the UK: TK Maxx (or at least my local one) have some decent shoes in at the moment, although they might be a little too mid-range for this board ;)

They've Loake dress shoes and a few selections from the John White Impregnable range; a few are obvious seconds but most seem to be in great nick.

Picked up a sweet little pair of JW grain brogue boots reduced to £70...not quite the C&J Islay that I covet, but more than enough to keep me occupied for the next few months...

^saw them in a TK Maxx here in germany (cologne) and i actually was quite impressed to see such a pair of shoes in a store like this!

You never know what you'll find in there, picked up some Duchamp shirts in there the other day...the boots will do me just fine...

dscf1683.jpg

A lot less bulky than my Grensons, and they work a lot better with slimmer jeans...