Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I'll have to have a gander at that Son of Stag ...should have some WLs by then, as I think I'll be making a call to them this week...

DO order some Lennons!

I am over the moon with mine... but I think it's definitely worth asking if they have different toe shapes. The Derby on their website looks a little lower profile than mine, I think. WHen I have a moment, I'll try and shoot mine from the same angle. Overall I'm more than satisfied, because the leather itself is far better quality than you'd think from their photo, they are definitely more beautiufl in the flesh - but a slightly less chunky toe wouldn't harm.

I've seen some of the debate about the Wolverine 1000 mile boots.

But, damn, the new Cordovan ones look good. Whether they're worth £699 (or was it £799?) is another matter.

Wolverine1.jpg

wolverine2.jpg

I was so close to blowing some xmas bonus cash on those, but decided to hold off. i think they are only like $725 in the states. Not bad considering Alden cordos run about $625.

^ if you want the edge to be darker (like it was when the shoes were new), my suggestion would be to take some really fine grit sandpaper, and lightly sand the edge so that it feels smooth, then take dark wax, black or brown and rub it liberally on the edges.

if you want them jet black, then I would still sand them a bit, but use edge dressing (a liquid sold at shoe repair shops for just this purpose, in black) and use a q-tip or small paint brush to paint the edges. the brush in the bottle is very large and messy

by using shoe wax some, the layers of the leather shows through which makes the shoes look better IMO. I would only use edge dressing on dress shoes.

Grabbed some At the Front USMC Boondockers when they had a %15 off sale. Pretty satisfied for the price (about 90$) although I still wish the leather was a bit thicker . Im hoping they will do me well for a month long Japan adventure.

Out of the box

20110124-R0018357.jpg

2 coats of Sno-seal

20110124-R0018358.jpg

20110124-R0018360.jpg

just got these 2268 from the local red wing store

2el4huq.jpg

xc12te.jpg

20fepex.jpg

ixgxhx.jpg

very nice. how much did they run? 280?

William Lennons, in the flesh. Derby, with a plain toe cap, mid brown Latigo. Been wearing these for a week - really, really, comfy. Stiff sole, absolutely unyielding, first I've had like this, but works quite welll. (With RoyxCone)

Roycrotch.jpg

Beautiful! Ordered a black pair a couple of weeks ago....sounds like they will be great!

Seconded. Where does one find 2268s in the US?

Living in Minnesota and having a hard time finding Red Wings is so frustrating. I could drive to the factory in just a few hours, but have to proxy for several models.

I had asked this same question to Red Wing a while back about the 2268, and I was told that you could order any of their models through the main store (which I assume is close to you since you're right by the factory) and have them shipped from there to you.

Sorry I don't have the exact info they gave me, but I will check if I still have the email from them. But if you can't wait, ask them through the contact info on their site. They were pretty quick when I asked, and generally very helpful.