Levi's Vintage Clothing

Those are the mass market reissue. Probably a decent jean for a rookie.

Yeah, the cinch is below the waistband.

Here's all I can find on them:

http://reviews.us.le...257/reviews.htm

Intriguing - the Euro version had the cinch in the correct place, I'm sure, I don't recall if they were selvage.

THis pair look like the ones I saw:

https://svpply.com/item/78822/Levis_Straight_201_Workwear_Jeans

When I was looking for the Euro version I noticed that Rokit - a highstreet store - are selling Thai fakes:

Bear in mind these aren't the LVC version, which have the blue-line selvage and all the period detailing - and have just been reissued

Edit: what the hell are these? they have the cinch in the wrong place, whcih I don't remember from the Euro, mass-market 201. Maybe they're fake, for sure they're ugly. Avoid.

They are not 201 repro's, they are part of the "Levi's 201" top mass market line. They were introduced some 2 years ago, I guess as an answer to Lee 101 line. They are not bad products in any way but they're no repro quality either...

It's just a generic, selvage, 'repro' cinchback model for those that don't know any better or simply don't care. It doesn't belong in this thread but doesn't warrant overt criticism as we all know it isn't LVC and therefore not supposed to be historically accurate.

It's just a generic, selvage, 'repro' cinchback model for those that don't know any better or simply don't care. It doesn't belong in this thread but doesn't warrant overt criticism as we all know it isn't LVC and therefore not supposed to be historically accurate.

Sure. But it's worth knowing there's one mass-market 201 model that looks mostly right, and one that looks mostly wrong. And those basic jeans are close on $100. If you're selling your own heritage it's worth treating it with respect.

Unfortunately if you read through the lvc thread, nobody is happy and nobody wins.

Anyone have experience of the turkey made duck hunting coat ? I know it's made from cone duck but is the construction decent ?

I'm no expert of these things, but the construction makes a pretty good impression on me. For example on the inside of the jacket there between the fabric and the rivets there are leather rings.

The fabric is very nice, rigid duck in a dark brown with the black line.

It's a very unusual piece, lots of pockets, also on the inside (for cartridges, I suppose). Quite special with the leather straps.

The cut is a bit A (capital a) shaped, so with me it fits well in the shoulders but flares at the bottom. A bit like the sunset coats. I prefer both a bitter trimmer.

Also, holes in the armpits, for ventilation. I guess, all historically correct.

in case anyone from LVC is paying attention... picked up a pair of '47s (38x34) and '44s (36x36) on sale this summer. Both have their short comings, but both are over all pretty nice pairs of jeans. They're both very similar in size and shape, with the '44s being slightly slimmer in the leg and higher in the waist. My biggest piece of consumer feed back would be to take the waist in at least an inch on both models, to correspond with the proportions you're going with in the leg. '44s started at 38.5", and the '47s at '39". Both should start at 38", or preferably 37 1/2", to match up with the slimmer cut of the leg. I understand what you're going for is the sized down look without a waist will cut you in half, but the waist winds up being too big for the leg.

BlackBlue was at northernGRADE this weekend. Here's a shot of our staff taken by kyle rancourt while waiting for the loading dock to clear before we packed up the van.

Two 50s pocket tee's and some great looking LVCs: (right to left) '66, '54, '47, baldwin '77.

blackbluenG.jpg

My '54s came out of retirement for a canoe trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and northernGRADE this week.

It's definitely time for a new crotch. I sewed a new left front belt loop on after breaking through from my braces. I used a hem from a pair of tellasons i had chainstitched a couple days before i left. i didn't take much time on it. it's not really worth a close-up unless someone really wants one.

about 6 months of daily wear. 1 soak. 4 washes:

LVC54s.jpg

http://i566.photobuc...helb/LVC54s.jpg

LVC54s2.jpg

http://i566.photobuc...elb/LVC54s2.jpg

Edited by satchelbmoore

Mine are almost okay in the waist, but, as a result of Levi's decision to modify the '54 cut--i.e. make them extraordinarily slim through the leg--they're just too small now that I've put on a few extra pounds. To be honest though, they were too slim even when I first got them. I've seen some great pairs around and have decided that if sized up in the waist, the '54 can be a really great-looking cut.

in my experience, if sized up, you can wear them lower on the hips for more room in the thighs. i tend to hike mine pretty high to slim them up. i love my '54s.