Levi's Vintage Clothing

I'm with setterman on this one. No hidden rivets and a paper patch make them kinda "cheaper" than the other models although those details are all right.

But then you see '66 cuts being quite popular on the Japanese brands, who then offer hidden rivets and leather patches and other bling bling

not totally sure what you're asking...is it an item produced by LVC for a recent collection? yes, i'm pretty sure it is.

is it an authentic reproduction of a historical garment once produced by Levi's? absolutely not.

yes, western shirts made by Levi in the 60s did have that tag, but in terms of fabric, cut and other details, they didn't look anything like the crap LVC is putting out.

i cringe any time i see LVC poop out yet ANOTHER shirt made with heavy cotton flannel, a "work shirt" cut and construction, regular buttons and then proceed to put that beautiful short horn western wear tag on it

Can anybody else confirm this tag? I don't know enough about LVC stuff to tell either way :(

i tend to avoid pretty much everything LVC nowadays...aside from a pair of rigid STFs now and again...and the nice rigid Sunset chambray...i've soured on them over the last few years

Ahhh - thanks, was looking for any info about it and that was a ton - thanks for the lesson!

I had always thought everything they made was an actual repo - sorta takes away from the mystique a bit. Still good quality stuff in your opinion though?

@setterman I'm located in Southern California. It was kind of a rare find seeing them there but there was a poster here before who mentioned finding a bunch of pairs of jeans at his local Ross. At least I think it was mentioned here. Anyway, it's just one of those stores where you'd never really know what you'll find.

And yes it's the denim sawtooth. It doesn't have buttons on the front pockets and it's light blue. Not sure if that matters. Pictures will be posted posthaste.

@hoggreaser I wondered the same thing since the '66 is usually the forgotten ginger stepchild. I've got a couple pairs of the '66 501 in a greencast rinsed version stashed in the closet. I'd love to wear them but there's too many other projects in queue - pretty sure we all know how that is. It seemed odd that they have such a lower rise than the '47 versions. They first reminded me of Walmart Rustlers with an exaggerated taper on bottom. But now they're the favorites.

That being said, may be a dumb question but I'm too lazy to look it up. How does the rise on the '66 compare to the 50s versions?

Edited by Mike On Autopilot

Hi setterman, just want to ask LVC with 4170 punch number is from where production?

I once own it but return it back to seller cause it was strange production with inside tag number totally wrong with the back pocket and jeans cut.

Maybe you can share your story. Thx

short question: how much shrinkage to expect from the 9 oz. denim of the 1922 501? Does anyone already own one of them?

I think my size 36 '22 shrank close to 3" in the waist, so down to tagged size. Stretch back out easily though to 37" or 38". 3" in the inseam.

My first LVC piece with a paper patch was a pair of '67s from, I don't know, 2009 or thereabouts. The accuracy of the patch notwithstanding, I remember giving that particular detail more thought than I should have at the time. After a couple days, though, I realized that I almost prefer paper to leather when it comes to patches. At this point I really like the way those on my '55s, '66s, and '67s have aged.

setterman -- have I asked you to measure your '66s for me? If not, would you mind?

Yeah, I said I'd get you those and forgot all about it. Sorry!

They're 4170 button code, tagged 38x36. Last time I washed these was August, so the waist has stretched out, and is actually too big for me. They fit perfect post wash, but after a dozen wears, they hang on me.

Waist, 38"

Front Rise, 12 1/4"

Rear Rise, 16 3/4"

Thigh, 13 1/4"

I know you were going back and forth on what size to buy, XL or XXL, what do you normally wear in dept store brands? What's you chest measure? I've considered getting one of those style shirts when they're on sale, but wasn't sure to go with XL or XXL. Looks like the XL might actually work for me.

Store brands I'm usually a XL for these types of shirts. But XXL in Iron Heart shirts. Suits are usually 44R or 46R more often 46 is better for chest/shoulders but roomy in the body.

6'1'' 210lbs.

This is a fairly generous XL, sounds like you'd be safe with that. Hope that helps!

Gonna stick with 'em incase I put any weight on over the winter. Looking for a 66 from a different maker for the spring. If I don't get something else, the plan is to wear the lvc 66 hard over the summer and push them to where my 55s are at.

No relationship at all. They are a premium, mass market product. When I last saw them, maybe 2008 or so, LVC were $189 (glory days) and these were maybe $120 or $140. THey are based on the standard mass market cut and details (for instance, no chanstitched hems, or internal rivets IIRC).