Levi's Vintage Clothing

Just bought a pair of size 38 '47s. Actual size was 39". Waist is fine but couldn't go smaller with any other part of the jean. Get actual waist measurement, go tts for tight, size up 1" for slim, size up 2" for a vintage fit. Took some fit pix yesterday I'll post tonight or tomorrow.

Couple quick pictures from Saturday.

img3063fx.jpg

By setterman at 2012-08-06

img3065qa.jpg

By setterman at 2012-08-06

Edited by setterman

what do you guys think of this lvc 47 pre soak fit?..

my waist measures 30 (maybe a tiny bit under if i really pull the tape tight). i tried on a pair that measured 31 but me and the guy at LVC agreed looked tight in some places, so the one in the pictures below measures a 32 exactly...(they did not have any sizes measuring 31.5ish)

is this how they should look pre soak? i was going for a relaxed fit rather then a skinny fit..

http://imgur.com/O2sbb,gkDNb,CODT7#2

i was thinking to get the size that measured 31 exactly but it was looking tight in certain areas and riding up my backside a bit so guy at shop convinced me to get 32 measured..

any opinions appreciated as i'm dying to get a pair of these right!

any opinions much appreciated!

Can't tell much from the rear picture, but front looks good. you want a more relaxed fit, get the 32.

i can fit three fingers down the side of the waist of the jean..

funny thing is 31 measured did look tight where as 32 looked "comfortable"...just depends how much they shrink i suppose!

i can fit three fingers down the side of the waist of the jean..

funny thing is 31 measured did look tight where as 32 looked "comfortable"...just depends how much they shrink i suppose!

If the 31 looked or felt tight, it was going to be even worse after shrinking. The '47 is a cut that's been altered by LVC. If you want the legs to fit relaxed, you're going to wind up with a waist probably 1" bigger than you need.

If the 31 looked or felt tight, it was going to be even worse after shrinking. The '47 is a cut that's been altered by LVC. If you want the legs to fit relaxed, you're going to wind up with a waist probably 1" bigger than you need.

well the 31 wasn't tight all over, just looking a bit tight in certain areas around the seat and pulling in a few spots

i do like the legs relaxed so perhaps i'll stick with 32...after all i used to wear 55 so i think the 47 going to be tight in comparison

bought a pair of levi's (One I Love) wash and they didn't shrink as they were expected to after washing. I washed them in hot water twice and the jeans didn't shrink at all. Should I keep washing until they shrink or are they never going to shrink? This particular pair has the tag with the shrinkage information that normally comes with the 'raw' levi's.

These: http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/lev0909den

bought a pair of levi's (One I Love) wash and they didn't shrink as they were expected to after washing. I washed them in hot water twice and the jeans didn't shrink at all. Should I keep washing until they shrink or are they never going to shrink? This particular pair has the tag with the shrinkage information that normally comes with the 'raw' levi's.

These: http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/lev0909den

They are not raw, they will not shrink...

Man, my '47s are tough to fade. I've worn them almost daily for going on 8 months and they're just now starting to fade in whiskers and just barely in the combs. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious if everyone else has experienced this.

Sure, pretty normal, it takes some time before you'll see any significant contrast.

is the below an accurate way to measure jeans waist?..

http://www.selfedge....easurements.php

or is the below better with "the dip" and "without the dip"..

in the videos where they "line up" - so confusing! 3:53 in - is she right about this or is this BS?? "the dip"??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPsw40btQUw

seriously i've never been so frustrated as trying to size jeans

also - how do you guys accurately measure your waist??? some videos say suck in, some say push your belly out...

and how tight do you pull the tape?

i can be a 26 or a 33 depending how i measure. i am officially more confused then ever

Edited by jsky808080

here are my lvc 47s post wash

my waist: 30ish

prewash 47 measured: 32

post wash (before wearing) measured a touch under just under 31

*soaked for 40 minutes in bathtub

post soak fit pictures..

923e9853.jpg

Kinda hard to tell from the pics, ask somebody to take a picture for you (outdoors preferably)

From what I can see I think you did well. They will stretch back out with some wear, if they feel too tight. I'm about your size and my '47's are snug at first and then just right after a week or so.

Love the big cuffs.

Edited by Robroy

here are my lvc 47s post wash

my waist: 30ish

prewash 47 measured: 32

post wash (before wearing) measured a touch under just under 31

*soaked for 40 minutes in bathtub

post soak fit pictures..

http://imgur.com/WlGoH,rwDW0,o3KyT#2

Fit looks good, though they probably have a little more shrinkage left, especially in the inseam.

can't remember all the sites I was looking at last night (Haven, endclothing, Gilt, Oki Ni, my-wardrobe, etc), but there are multiple stores clearing out last season's items and I could swear I saw tees in available the $40 to $60 range. take a look, and good luck.