Levi's Vintage Clothing

My 1922s finally arrived today. Can't take pictures that will show things any better than the LVC site will. Only thing their photos is the screened LVC logo on the left pocket.

The buckle on my 643 1937s isn't bad, but like others have mentioned, the current ones (like on these 22s) are shit.

Denim is very dark (almost black when compared to my 506), and pretty even. There's a bit of the vertical streakiness you see with the 1915s.

They are very big. Bought a size 36x36 rather than my usual size 38 waist. The jeans measure:

Waist, 39"

FR, 14"

RR, 17"

Inseam 36"

Was planning on just soaking these, but I think they're going to need an initial trip through the washing machine. I need to get a lot of shrinkage out of them before wearing.

Let us know what these end up measuring post wash.

1922s shrank up quite a bit. Washed them on the hottest setting.

Waist shrank to 36", but stretched out to 37" after wearing them a couple minutes while still slightly damp and I'm sure it's stretching out more now as I wear them.

Front rise 13 1/4" (from 14")

Rear rise 16 1/4" (from 17")

Inseam 33 1/2" (from 36")

Pretty pleased with the fit (will try to get fit pix this evening), and very close to what I was shooting for. Little wider in the thighs and tapered bellow knee than I'd hoped, but still pretty straight.

Had to cut off the cinch. I always wear a belt, and it was totally in the way (unlike my 37s where I can wear a belt and still use the cinch). Plus, the 22s fit well enough I don't need it. And one of the POS prongs broke off, and the right strap of the cinch isn't long enough so I couldn't use the damn thing even if I needed to. Surprisingly the suspender buttons don't get in the way of the belt. I figured they'd be a pain. Front pockets are very shallow and almost useless.

Denim is super dark, much more so than anything I've ever had from LVC. The streakiness lessened quite a bit with a wash, but I think it will start to reappear in a day or two when all the moisture is gone from them.

Not sure who made these, I though 4170 was the current button code, but these are 337, so LVC has gone through three different manufactures in the past five years.

1922 fit pix. Not the greatest quality, but it is what it is. 506 in the picture has only had 2 quick soaks, and not what I'd consider a ton of wear. It's quite a bit lighter blue than the 22s than it appears in these photos.

dsc01400v.jpg

By Setterman at 2011-10-20

dsc01403ke.jpg

By setterman at 2011-10-20

Not LVC, but I thought I'd share it here. Bandana my wonderful girlfriend found in an antique store in Ohio over the weekend. Her gift to me for making the 30 mile trip to her house to check on her cats while she was gone four days. She's seen my two Warehouse banadanas, and when she saw this immediately thought of me. :D

dsc01406yb.jpg

By setterman at 2011-10-20

Looking good, setterman. Perfect fit on those.

I went into the SF LVC shop today to look at a few things (after the manager finally got off the phone with some character named "Cory"):

6265333088_4b6d0f4046_o.jpg

The very beautiful '20s mackinaw in a nice windowpane/buffalo plaid. I think I said in the thread earlier that this was priced at $750- I must have looked at it wrong or maybe they dropped the price, its $625.

Also:

6265333134_41787e095b_o.jpg

A restock on the made in San Francisco Sunset chambrays- unlike the previous batch this one has the correct sellvedge detailing under the collar and looked very good. Also had the same hand-done looking wandering stitching that entertainment! pointed out earlier on his checked pop-over.

6264849247_1e719d79f2.jpg

I have two pairs of 34/40" waist 555 55's which both measure 34" in the waist exactly.

Unfortunately I also have a pair tagged 36/40 which measure 37"/40.

Thanks for the info! I guess they run tts or 1 inch larger. I was thinking about buying a pair of 32/36 but seems like it won't work.. (my waist is 34-35)

Got a pair of 36x36 1944's from 2010 season. Green pocket bags. Soaked once, worn lightly (office work, etc.) for just over a month. Finding the fit isn't quite right for me. I'll be posting in the market soon, but I thought I'd see if any of you want (or know someone that might), want them.

Only have the one pic so far, but hope to get more when I can find some decent light. The denim still dark, with only slight wear on a couple back pocket rivets. I'd say for all intents and purposes, they are in perfect condition. :) A beautiful example of the 1944 model.

Asking $185, with free UPS Ground shipping to Co. US. Anything overseas would have to be custom quoted. :)

Here are some measurements:

Waist: 18.5

Thigh: 13.25

Knee: 9.25

Front Rise: 13.25

Rear Rise: 16.25

Inseam: 33.5

Leg Opening: 9

1944001.jpg

Got a pair of 36x36 1944's from 2010 season. Green pocket bags. Soaked once, worn lightly (office work, etc.) for just over a month. Finding the fit isn't quite right for me. I'll be posting in the market soon, but I thought I'd see if any of you want (or know someone that might), want them.

If only they were a 34 waist :(

My friend found a pair of 501Z's at the local Goodwill. There are no tags inside, and no stamp on the inner top button. I can't tell when these are from, but they seem like they're old. The patch on the back is cardboard like, and very hard/brittle feeling. They're selvage, and seem rarely worn.

Zipper says "Gripper Zipper" on it.

Any thoughts?

767cf9e7.jpg

52a249d8-1-1.jpg

c55efcc2.jpg

de6cc643.jpg

24e6a552.jpg

ce761be2.jpg

861057c2.jpg

Got a pair of 36x36 1944's from 2010 season.

Damn, wish I'd known about these before buying the 22s. Glad to see some measurements though. I figured when I get around to getting another pair of 44s I was going to need a tagged size 36 and your numbers confirm it. Jyoni has a pair of 4170 44s tagged 38 and he said they measured big like my 55s. I want to get a pair that fit like my old 634 44s, and it looks like I'll need a size 36. When I emailed cultizm recently they were saying the size 38 should measure what I'm looking for raw (39"). That doesn't appear right.

Gave the 22s another wash last night. Inseam is down to 33", so they should be done shrinking. Don't plan on washing them again until summer.

Damn, wish I'd known about these before buying the 22s. Glad to see some measurements though. I figured when I get around to getting another pair of 44s I was going to need a tagged size 36.

These 44's measure closer to what I would expect. The previous pair of 36x36 1944's I bought, and sold (new with tags) were huge... They measured about 19.5" raw in the waist. They were way too big. LVC's sizing definitely seems whimsical. :)

Here are the raw and post soak measurements of my 1944's:

Raw Measurements

Waist: 18.75

Thigh: 13.5

Knee: 9.75

Front Rise: 13.75

Rear Rise: 16.75

Inseam: 35

Leg Opening: 9.25

Post 20 minute hot soak

Waist: 18.5

Thigh: 13.25

Knee: 9.25

Front Rise: 13.25

Rear Rise: 16.25

Inseam: 33.5

Leg Opening: 9

They will definitely shrink some more.

I think the 44's are my favorites, in terms of details... I really love the painted arcuates, and the color and feel of this denim is just about perfect for me. Just something about the fit doesn't work with my body I guess. They make me feel all fidgety (for lack of a better term). Oh well, hoping they can find a good home. :)