Levi's Vintage Clothing

I think some Lees only had half selvage because Lee introduced wide (59"?) selvage looms from something like the early 50s onwards and it wasn't so efficient to use the bolt edges for both legs. It wasn't due to the cut of a particular model in this case.

that illustrates the point it IS selvage denim on both panels but the line shows one side only.

that illustrates the point it IS selvage denim on both panels but the line shows one side only.

And that a garment can be made of selvedge denim, and the selvedge line doesn't have to show up anywhere in the garment (like possibly in the 646s).

That's a mighty fine watch Allen, are those your 1901's?

Yeah Doc thanks and great catch. These 1901s are very slow to break in. I actually haven't been spending as much time with them as I probably should have either. Went 6 months before they hit water and just had another cold soak a couple of weeks ago but they are starting to come along nicely.

The watch is a 1930s Hamilton and runs great.

Guys, don't miss those amazing heavy worn and heavy repaired 44's from our friend jyoni (for those who didn't see them so far):

Updates. Repairs are starting to happen whenever I even wear them.

002-7.jpg

003-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

Oxidizing of the buttons. The laurel is definitely brass.

008-4.jpg

Full pics didn't show it, but this patch is FINALLY starting to really break nicely. I think it has definitely turned and will continue to meld.

009-6.jpg

ok folks, i've come to terms with the fact i can't fit in these, so here they are again for those that missed out on Paul's sample sale a couple months ago, needless to say this is a one-time offer!

LVC raw officer chino pants, never went into production, so incredibly rare!

Great details, high rise fit, will age beautifully..

They are new, never washed, never worn.. measured waist 33" inseam 32"

mustardfront.jpg

mustardback.jpg

mustarddetail.jpg

edit: SOLD to CrashTestBrummie

I laughed when I read this. Clearly, there's nothing wrong with this pair:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/07/perils-of-washing-raw-denim-too-early/

The whole article is either a piss-take, or by someone who takes their denim a little too seriously...not washing an item of clothing just because "the goal is to achieve as sharp fade creases and contrasts as possible"?

I'll get my coat, and get off my soapbox...

I laughed when I read this. Clearly, there's nothing wrong with this pair:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/07/perils-of-washing-raw-denim-too-early/

What's wrong is while they're two to three years old, the actual number of days of wear they've had probably comes out to less than six months. As for the 30 to 40 washes, I'm calling BS. No way on earth he's worn or washed those 505s as much as he says.

I actually like the way my jeans turn out much better if I wait 5 or 6 months before they hit water then for the first year or so I keep them out of water as much as possible. I've found that the fades have more contrast. I've broke my raw denim in all different kind of ways over the years and the method I use is the one I prefer. This is the same thing that Levis recommends BTW.

The whole article is either a piss-take, or by someone who takes their denim a little too seriously...not washing an item of clothing just because "the goal is to achieve as sharp fade creases and contrasts as possible"?

I'll get my coat, and get off my soapbox...

Piss take, lol :D

I actually like the way my jeans turn out much better if I wait 5 or 6 months before they hit water then for the first year or so I keep them out of water as much as possible. I've fond that the fades have more contrast. I've broke my raw denim in all different kind of ways over the years and the method I use is the one I prefer. This is the same thing that Levis recommends BTW.

you should make this your signature..would save you a lot of time, writing it every time ;)

j/k

With all due respect, the best way in my humble opinion to get these 'amazing fades' is not to 'baby' the jeans, but to wear them hard and wash them as needed. Which is often, if you lead an active life.

Move more, wash often. Ditch the car and get a mountain bike. Simple :D

Couldn't agree more. And the whole idea of wearing them to achieve a set goal, rather than letting them do their own thing through a natural wash a wear cycle (whether that be daily wear with washing once a month, or wearing a couple times a week and washing once or twice a year), is lame.