Levi's Vintage Clothing

Here's a rare item on ebay- a Lady 501, presumably a 66 model:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/LEVIS-501-SHRINK-TO-FIT-1966-NEU-xx-levis-big-e-lvc-501xx-/270813953105?pt=DE_Damen_Jeans&hash=item3f0dc4fc51

The size is 28 x 38 (!) and it seems that this item is an old ORIGINAL. Interesting fact (besides fake suspicion) is that this jean is made in france.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/LEVIS-501-SHRINK-TO-FIT-1966-NEU-xx-levis-big-e-lvc-501xx-/270813953105?pt=DE_Damen_Jeans&hash=item3f0dc4fc51

The size is 28 x 38 (!) and it seems that this item is an old ORIGINAL. Interesting fact (besides fake suspicion) is that this jean is made in france.

66? Looks much later to me. There's no '60s 501 made in France; would have to be 1980s. Only took a quick look but do we even know those are selvage?

That must be one f*cking tall gal...

Aho, those jeans are insane.

I think I posted it here...maybe some other bullshit forum (edit, yeah you). The patches on later womens 501s were hilarious. They depicted a series of cartoon panels of the happy housewife confusedly going through the steps of washing and shrinking her jeans.

wait...I think it was actually in the mynudies 501 contest, not the place I was thinking of. I believe so. Each of those contests had women, so that makes sense. I'll try digging it up. Unfortunately I hotlinked it so I don't have it.

well...but it is a vintage pair so the fades on this one are also vintage.

but maybe not what we are usually used to or understand as vintage fades in this community

Oh dear. I didn't think I needed to put a (10) after my post - obviously I was wrong... looks like Dr House made the same mistake.

Maynard, I expected better of you.

Some pictures of a finished LVC (the only one I own). It's a 47 and the finish is called Broken Down. Overall I think its one of the nicer washes as they do look a bit like the raw 47 I've broken in myself Unf. I have never worn these bc they are a) a bit too small for me (or at least I real uncomfortable....too small is relative on Sufu...) and B) I have enough Raw denim and they kind of get in the way. I hope it doesn't seem shameless but if anyone is interested in buying these...PM.

sam0212u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sam0214j.jpg

sam0204sl.jpg

sam0210d.jpg

Some pictures of a finished LVC (the only one I own). It's a 47 and the finish is called Broken Down. Overall I think its one of the nicer washes as they do look a bit like the raw 47 I've broken in myself Unf. I have never worn these bc they are a) a bit too small for me (or at least I real uncomfortable....too small is relative on Sufu...) and B) I have enough Raw denim and they kind of get in the way. I hope it doesn't seem shameless but if anyone is interested in buying these...PM.

Very nice natural wash. Too bad LVC doesn't do something to age the leather patches too. Looks kinda weird having this nice fresh patch on a worn pair of jeans.

Love the pair of 1922s that aho posted. I need to get a pair of those from LVC. I appreciate Paul's joke, but I'm willing to bet that in real life they aren't as dark and contrasty as they appear in those photos. Inside under fluorescent light can really affect the appearance, as I've found out trying to photograph my own 55s.

Very nice natural wash. Too bad LVC doesn't do something to age the leather patches too. Looks kinda weird having this nice fresh patch on a worn pair of jeans.

Love the pair of 1922s that aho posted. I need to get a pair of those from LVC. I appreciate Paul's joke, but I'm willing to bet that in real life they aren't as dark and contrasty as they appear in those photos. Inside under fluorescent light can really affect the appearance, as I've found out trying to photograph my own 55s.

You'd probably loose that bet.

thank you airfrogusmc, my favirote pair to ride on at the meantime...

...just on thought on marvins 1922... it´s not impossible that some of those were nos and than had been worn out in from an early japanese denim connoisseur during the 1990s... so the jeans is vintage but not the fading ;)

A lot of the 20s jeans, and in particular the early 30s ones, have a really heavy contrast; there's one in the book Denim, and that LVC mnibook I think, that I've seen in the flesh that's beautifully dark, with pale grey highlights - Ralph at Cone has speculated why it's so distinctive, maybe a particular dye batch, who knows!

Some other contemporary ones can look completely different.. some have mid tones, some don't. But The Clark's 1933, for instance, look pretty much like the real early 30s ones.

clerklap.jpg